Chapter 1 : The New Beginning

Chapter 1: The New Beginning

“Are you sure, Gon?” A tall woman with short dark caramel haired asked worriedly.

The spiky dark haired boy smile nodding his head enthusiastically. Determination was written all over his face and his aunt known better than anyone that whatever she said would never be able to change the little boy’s decision.

“Your father left you when you were still young for his job as a detective!” The woman insisted. She knew it wasn’t pleasant to try to persuade the boy by talking about his father.

Once again the dark haired boy nodded. “I know. Being detective must be so great that he would abandon his son for it!”

“Detective is a dangerous job!” The woman shouted desperately, she really didn’t want his nephew to follow his brother’s job. She just didn’t want him to be like him. “You never know when you will lose your life! Don’t you understand?!”

Gon looked at his aunt’s face closely. He knew she didn’t really mean to hurt him by mentioning his father. He knew she just worried about him. And he was thankful for it.

Though, it wouldn’t be enough to change his mind.

“I don’t…” The ravenette answered truthfully, “So I want to understand more. I want to become a detective and find out why it was so important for my dad!”

The tall woman sighed, “You really are Ging’s son…” she said as she weakly reached out for the electronic paper that the boy had bugged her with for the past few months. She observed the black words on the digital surface. The first part were already being filled by the spiky haired boy in front of her while the second part were giving some detailed information of the school the boy had insisted on to enter. It was only blank on the last part, the part for the parent’s approval that she kept refusing to fill.

The dark boy waited impatiently as his aunt filled the blank part unwillingly. “Here…” She said after putting her signature.

“Thanks a lot Aunt Mito! Thank you so much! I’ll do my best and become a great detective!” The boy hugged the taller woman tightly and gave her a truly genuine smile. He couldn’t express how grateful he was for his aunt who finally letting him to enroll into that school.

“Then I’ll pack my things now…” The boy exclaimed happily.

The woman dark brown eyes widen immediately hearing her nephew’s word. “Wait! You are leaving tomorrow, Gon?!”

Gon nodded his head enthusiastically. “Yup…”

“Why do I only heard it now?! Explain it, Gon!” Gon jumped back startled by his Aunt sudden loud shout.

“I, I thought you had known it, Aunt Mito…” The boy scratched the back of his head groggily.

“How could I know if you never tell me? Do you think I’m some kind of psychic?”

The boy immediately ran to his room afraid that his aunt would change her mind because of that. “Sorry, Aunt Mito!”

“GON, DON’T RUN AWAY!”

Gon immediately closed his door and locking it quickly. He slammed his body to his bed making an immediate contact between his small back with the soft surface of the bed. His black eyes stared at the pale white ceiling though his mind was wondering somewhere far far away. As he slowly closed his eye lids, an image appeared in his mind, playing the old memory he would never be able to forget.

That day the forest was as green as always. It was just like the usual short stroll he took every evening before the dusk. But, that was the first time he walked further than he usually did. Even though, the sun started to set changing the sky from it clear blue color into beautiful golden orange he didn’t take a single step back to the village instead he walked deeper into the forest. He would never forget the ear-deafening shriek and those almost death experience he felt those day. The feeling of the death grip he got from the scary big man was still lingering on his neck skin now and then. The memory was almost blurred at that moments, he only remembered how he could only shook inside the monster grip and losing conscious from the lack of oxygen. In his despair, that was the first time he met his life savior and also learning more about his Dad.