Chapter 2: Ignorance Is Bliss

The dark haired boy woke up immediately after hearing the loud shriek noise came from the outside of his room in the train. He quickly jumped out of his coach and opened the door only to see people had been running here and there.

“What happen here…” Gon wondered, his eyes still searching for the source of the commotion.

“Oi, kid, don’t just stare there… You are blocking the way…” A tall man in suit said.

“Er, sir, do you know why all the passengers are running like this?” Gon asked only to earn a grunt from the tall man in front of him.

“I’m not a ‘sir’, kiddo…” The man said while bending his knee to meet with Gon’s eye level.

“Okay… Then, can you tell me now why are people here in panic?” Gon asked once again.

The man in suit pointed at one of the direction where most of people were gathered. “A man just died there… You hear the loud shout from before, don’t you?” The man asked which Gon immediately respond with a nod. “Well, apparently the girl friend of this dead man found him already dead by hanging himself… At least that was what I heard from the other passengers, this people just made it hard to approach the scene.”

Gon’s eyes widen hearing the tall man’s explanation. “Let’s check the scene, sir…” The dark haired boy said while grabbing the older man’s hand.

“I said that I’m not a ‘sir’, kiddo…” The man in suit grumbled. But, Gon ignored him. His heart thumped loudly and he could feel his mind raced. He knew that he shouldn’t feel excited over someone death, but hearing that there was a case happening around him just made his blood boiled in excitement.

The old man, though the man claimed that he was still 17 years old Gon never could believe it, introduced himself as Leorio. Just like Gon, Leorio was also planning to enroll into HDS. The fact that he found another person aiming the same goal with him made him happier and safer than before, the home-sick feeling soon subsided from all the excitement and happiness the dark haired boy felt.

“Is that the scene you talked about before?” Gon asked pointing at the place with the most crowded people surrounding it.

Leorio nodded while folding his arms in front of his chest.

“Say, Leorio-san, do you think if the dead of that man was a suicidal or murder case?” Gon asked again. His heart beat rate was rising slowly but surely with all the excitement he felt as he approached the scene.

“I couldn’t say for sure. The chance for those two was equal… So, I think it will be best to decide after the forensic team comes…” Leorio answered, though deep inside the tall man’s answer didn’t satisfy Gon at all. Well… To be honest, rather than a long-and-complicated answer, he prefer a frank one.

“Then, it will be too late to capture the murderer and the investigation would be too troublesome if wait for some days for the forensic team to work…” Gon said, his eyes had fixated solely at the crowded room. It was a strange hope, but he wish that it would be a murder case.

Gon looked up when he heard a long sigh from the direction above him. “What’s wrong, Leorio-san?”

The tall man scratched the back of his head, “You are right, I think…” He started. Hearing the tall man’s word brighten up Gon’s face.

“Then we could inv—“

A hand appeared in front of his face stopping him from finishing his word. “Like I said before, Gon… We still don’t know whether it’s a murder or a suicidal case…”