PROLOGUE

This is purely a work a work of fiction.

I hope y'all show your support...

Stay safe

Written; 27/05/2020

By the time she was finished with her studies, she had a life plan. She couldn't help when herself when thoughts of the devilishly beautiful stranger flashed in her mind. What was happening to her, she couldn't explain. She also couldn't explain the electric rush she had felt when Alex had touched her.

"Vicky, snap out of it!" Jake said snapping his fingers in front of her face. He had definitely noticed the distant look on his best friend's face ever since they came from the underground club. He wondered if he had made a wrong decision by taking her into his world, the real world where people without money go...

"Am sorry Jake, I was so consumed in my thoughts, I simply can't believe that am almost done with my second year." She yelped as she squeezed his hand. Jake had been her best friend since elementary school. They had their ups and downs but he was always supportive of her.

"Victoria, we are landing." Jake yelled as he gripped Victoria's hand. Jake had loved Victoria like he would a small sister. He had always protected her from the outside world, from the savage men who were ready to pounce on a blossoming flower. In this case, she was the flower. He had taken care of her and even learned to love her even though she was irritating at times.

"Jake, am kind of nervous... I haven't seen them in about ten years." She whispered as the plane landed.

She couldn't help it when when her mind raced to how her parents had sent her abroad to study. She never got an explanation to why she was being kicked out of their lives, she was just kicked out. They did provide for all her financial needs but they forgot about her emotions. If it wasn't for Jake she'd probably be a heartless human. Gladly, he was there to help her through her emotional train wreck.

"Jakkkkkkeeeee!" Jake heard his mother yelling from the other side. He was lucky to have such a caring family, although his mother never really liked Victoria 'The Brendans ruined us' was what she always said. Neither of them were curious to know where such hate could have pouted from, but their differences never got between them.

"So am guessing this is goodbye, till next semester," Victoria said as she enclosed him in a hug. She sniffed back the tears brimming in her eyes when they patted, Jake muttering an inaudible goodbye before heading to the direction of his beloved mother.

Victoria let out a sign she did not even know she was holding as she put on the big girl face she always had. After all, she had always been raised with one main motto, a princess doesn't cry.

"Hi, am Victoria Brendans and umm, your board name is upside down." She said with a slight cackle.

"Ms.Brendans, am sorry for the inconvenience. I hope that did not delay your finding me, I know how keen your folks are with time." Of course they are. They are so keen with time that they couldn't even make time for their only child...

"Nateee... How are you so handsome with the gray hairs?" she asked as she graced him with a small smile. Her parents had told her that she'd be fetched by their old chauffeur, who has been more of her father than her real dad.

"Vic, still flattering me I see." He said with a smile. He had loved Victoria like his own daughter, yes he was not in cohort with how her parents had raised her, but he had no say in that he was just an employee after all.

"Oh Nate, you are still as charming as ever," they walked hand in hand to the limousine that was supposed to pick her. She grimaced slightly recalling how happy Lyviah, Nate's daughter had been being raised. Even without the money, they said money could buy everything but they were wrong, money couldn't buy love and happiness.

"You'll be happy to hear that Lyviah is coming home tomorrow for her long holidays, three months. Please don't tell her you are here, I want it to be a surprise," Nate smiled as he opened the door for Victoria he knew how much those two girls had loved each other when they were babies. He specifically witnessed their love one time Lyviah had given up all her savings, mind you she loved money, in order to travel to Chicago to go see her.

"Of course I won't I am so excited to see her!" Victoria squealed as she entered her posh ride home. She was excited to meet her only friend, except for Jake. Lyviah was practically the sister whenever had. In less than half an hour, they were home. The mansion was just as she remembered apart from the increase in cars in the parking lot, everything was just as she had left it.

The mahogany doors and and huge demeanor, still traditional themed. With a hint of modernism due to the parking lot. Victoria smiled when she recalled the times when Lyviah and her would run around the small garden playing tag, or when they'd sit on the lounge outside and play pretend coffee dates. The good old days.

With a bit of big girl confidence, she trotted to the door and just as she was about to ring the doorbell, a butler rushed and ushered her in. She had completely forgotten about Nathan and her luggage and only caught a glimpse of him using one of the servants to help him.

Good old home, note the sarcasm.

Published: 31/05/2020
Vote, comment and share...
❤❤