ONE

You are getting married... This was the statement that had ruined my life. In one months time I would get married to none other that Jason, Jason Williams. One of the youngest most successful business men. Of course Lyviah had thought he's to die for but I on the other hand, I only thought him to be good looking.

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled tears threatening to fall. And here I was thinking that I was called back for all the missed family times.

"You were the one who thought that we were not treating like family weren't you? So Jacinta, go help her get ready, this is what family is about making sacrifices for our business." My father said dismissively. I just wished that the earth would open up and swallow me. Why was my life so....so my life.

"Come on honey, Jason's family is coming to dinner today. You need to look presentable." My mother said as she walked up the flight of stairs. She did not wait around for me since she knew I could show myself around.

Walking up the familiar flight of stairs, I ran to my room. I knew that though I had been told to choose a gown of my liking, it was just to make it sound polite. My mother would make me wear the dress of her choice. I always knew that my marriage would be arranged but not when I was this young.....Jack would know what to do.

I picked up the phone but just as I was about to call him, my mom came in...as much as I hate to admit it, she had an amazing fashion taste.

"So do you like it? I made it pink since you love pink and the shade of purple because well purple does symbolize loyalty. The boots have to be the best part of the outfit," she pulled out and amazing pair of black wedged ankle boots. The cold shoulder long body con gown would look even better with a pair of black boots.

"Thanks mom!" Call me prude for being rude to my mom who was away practically more than half of my childhood.

"Darling, I know this might seem bad at first, but we've all seen arranged marriages working out," she looked at me with care in her eyes. I just wish she knew I did not have a problem with the arranged marriage, its the fact that I thought they called me back home for a reunion. We can't always what we have... As much as I hated it, inner me is right.

Out of the blue, my mom hugged me. It was as if she realized how much I needed the motherly affect. When she pulled back, I hugged her even tighter. I felt my heart beat a million miles per second, maybe due to the love I felt for this woman or maybe due to the fact that I needed a shoulder to cry on. Whichever the reason, I was glad for the hug.

"Mom, it simply hurts so much." My voice is barely audible. I feel so scared but no matter how they might have distanced themselves from me, I knew they did love me.

"Jacinta! Jacinta!" My dad yells. Mom is usually obedient so am not surprised when she rushes to hit forgetting all about me. It may hurt but I was used to it.

I could only hear a few mumbles but not make out the words but am sure I heard something like the marriage might take place in two weeks time, the Williams keep on pushing things...

I couldn't let myself cry so I just started dressing. I tied my piles of hair in a neat bun did my edges and applied the nude pink lipstick. The fact that I did not agree with the marriage did not mean that I'd look bad, as Jack always said beauty before hate...

Few minutes later am was done, I stared at my reflection and when I was satisfied with what I saw, I went down stairs. I wasn't a fan of fashionably late but this time I was late since I found both the families in the dining table.

My eyes had a mind of their own since the only thing they saw was Alex, my crush ever since I saw her two years ago in the wrestling ring. I couldn't help the butterflies in my stomach when when caught my eye in a blue dress, her hair in a different dye than the one she had when I had previously seen her. The blue hair looks better than the red one... These are one of the few times when my subconscious and I agree. Her inked arms were slightly visible in her blue offshoulder top she was wearing. I almost tripped when she smirked at me, it like the world came to a halt and we were the only ones here.

Written: 01/06/2020

Published: 11/06/2020

Vote, comment and share...