Chapter Four

Thea ran through the streets and soon found the rest of the Avengers gathered together. "Got room for one more." The group turned to her. "I've got some civilians to safety but there's still a lot in trouble. I found this kid, he's determined to help. He's trying to get as many people to my company's building. Alec is trying to get there to get them out."
"You involved a kid?" Steve questioned in disbelief.
"I didn't want to. But I was the exact same as him. I wanted to help and that's what Coulson let me do." From above they saw more Chitauri leaving the portal.
"Guys." Natasha called, breaking up any further discussion.
"Call it, Cap."  Tony ordered.
"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."
"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint said to Tony.
"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Tony grabbed Clint and took off.
"Thor, you've gotta try and bottle neck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Steve ordered. Thor used his hammer to fly away to did his role. "Thea, I want you to deal with as many civilians as you can. Get your helper off the streets."
"Got it." Thea saluted before taking off.

Thea was using her arrows to take out any Chitauri that she could. She had a group of civilians following her back to her building. They got there without issue and noticed that the lobby was becoming too cramped. Putting her fingers in her mouth, Thea let out a shrill whistle gaining everyone's attention. "Listen up, there's too many of you in here at the moment. We're gonna move you to different floors, if you have loved ones with you then stay together."
"Artemis!" William exclaimed as he made his way through the crowd. "I got as many people as I could before there were too many."
"You did a good job. I need you stay here now, it way too dangerous out there. I mean it this time. You're gonna help my people to give people food and drinks. I need you to find out if anyone is missing any loved ones. If they have pictures with them that will be better. Can you do that?"
"Yeah."
"Good." She turned back to address the crowd. "If you are missing any loved ones, tell one of the people in charge or William, here. Remain calm, The Avengers are doing everything that they can to resolve the situation." Thea walked out of the building and began searching for more civilians.

Thea glanced up and saw Natasha on one of the Chitauri's crafts. "Geez, Nat." She focused on her task and found a group of Chitauri's roaming the streets with their weapons drawn. She pulled out two of her daggers and used the bonnet of a car to launch herself onto the back of one. She slammed her daggers deep into its back killing it. She removed her daggers and moved on to the next. She ducked as it fired at her and sliced at its legs, making drop. She forced her dagger into the top of its head. Thea dodged another shot and quickly threw her daggers at two Chitauri that were approaching her. It seemed as the Chitauri were multiplying because there were suddenly too many for her to handle. She threw up her shield, to allow herself a moment to think. She began to panic slightly before she remembered what happened after Coulson's death. She began to remember that moments of hearing the words that sealed Coulson's fate. Thea dropped her shield and let out a scream of agony as she released a wave of power. All the Chitauri around her disintegrated. Thea looked at the destruction around her and was suddenly thankful that the blast didn't affect buildings. She tuned into what was being said through her ear piece. "Stark, you hearing me?" Fury's voice came through. "We have a missile headed straight for the city."
"How long?" Tony asked.
"Three minutes, at best. Stay low and wipe out the missile."
"Dammit." Thea cursed, knowing that it was probably the council's plan.

Thea was making her way back to her building to deliver the new group of people she found. "I can close it!" Natasha informed everyone. "Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!"
"Do it!" Steve ordered.
"No, wait!" Tony demanded.
"Stark, these things are still coming!"
"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it."
"Quickly inside." Thea rushed everyone inside, keeping her eyes on the sky to find Tony. She saw grab the missile and fly towards the missile. "What is he doing?"
"Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?" Steve questioned. Tony didn't respond to him. The team watched as he flew into the portal and moments later all the Chitauri dropped down dead. They watched the portal, waiting for Tony to fly back out but he didn't. "Close it." Steve ordered Natasha. As the portal was closing, Tony fell through but he wasn't slowing down. The Hulk soon appeared and grabbed Tony, both falling to the ground.

Thea sprinted to where Tony and Hulk had landed. She arrived same time as Thor and Cap. Thor ripped off Tony's helmet and the sight brought tears to Thea's eyes, he looked dead. Hulk yelled out in fury and the noise startled Tony awake. "What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me?"
"We won." Steve simply replied.
"Alright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried Shawarma? There's a Shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it.
"We're not finished yet." Thor said looking up at Stark Tower.
"And then Shawarma after." Tony said, earning a chuckle from Thea.

Loki crawled onto the stairs, looking like he had been to hell and back. He took a few breathers before sensing someone behind him. He turned to find the Avengers staring at him, furious. "If it's all the same to you. I'll have that drink." Hulk snorted in anger at him.