v. The Unwanted Bond

🖤

🖤

Caius Volturi sighed for the hundredth time that morning as the Volturi continued their long-awaited march into the werewolf camp. The sun high in the sky, now turned their skin into arrays of sparkling diamonds as they glided across the clearing to the entrance of the cave. The blond kings face screwed up in vague disgust at the sight of the wolves lounging around in the sun- looking completely worn out and impossibly more rogue than before- caked in dirt and scratches.

"Aro, glad to see you all in one piece" Conri laughed in only slight concern as he appeared out of nowhere, arms crossed over his exposed chest. He had the indecency to wear no shirt and Caius' patient was slowly wearing thin once more. As he heard about his new tie to the beasts, he'd snapped and there was now a completely destroyed forest meadow as permanent proof of that though his face was now impassive once more. "It's been a long night" he finally completed, "Please, join us at our home."

"Oh, so you mean to say you don't live in a cave? Like complete savages?" Caius piped in and Aro gave him a disgruntled look of bemusement- aware that Caius was acting out like a child, just angry at the situation.

"Funny" Conri deadpanned. "But unfortunately not." Caius found himself slightly amused by the response, finding that perhaps the wolves had a sense of humour after all. "We have a home a few miles from here; though, only my immediate family lives there over the majority of the month. The pack tends to disband over the weeks between the moons" he shrugged.

"Con?" a voice called and they turned as a female entered the clearing, smiling as she approached the Alphas side and he grinned down at her as he pulled her close to his side, shrouding his arm around her waist.

"Aro, Caius, Marcus" Conri stated calmly. "This is my wife, Lou"

"You imprinted on a fellow wolf?" Aro questioned with an impressed raised eyebrow and Conri nodded in pride.

"Yes, I did." he returned, eyes glimmering as he looked over the woman of his dreams.

"Good to meet you" she nodded before turning back to her husband. "Chann is busy feeling sorry for himself. Adolpha got him good."

"Serves him right, I say." Kurt quipped as he fiddled with some backpacks at his feet. The camp was preparing to leave once more for the month and Caius watched them all with a look of complete discontent. The entrance of Adolpha did, however, catch his attention once more.

"Either way, we have to get going" the Beta called, waving her hands in a gesture to get them to hurry up. "I feel like I've been trekking through a swamp" she huffed, picking a leaf out of her own hair with an expression of annoyance before she slung her backpack over her shoulder- Ignoring the Volturi who watched her with strange fascination now that they knew who they were.

"Please, walk with us. We can discuss what you came for" Conri gestured as Lou frowned over at Adolpha- Reaching over to pull a twig from her large curls. This just made them both stare at each other for a moment, before promptly laughing as they made their way back down the mountain. The beta purposely walked very far away from the man she had imprinted on and there was nothing but agitation in her heart at the thought of what would come next.

"There has been a new development in our world." Aro began to explain, the wolves owed the vampires their lives- given that the Blue Pack had been allowed to continue to thrive and grow while all others were destroyed. "A human woman was impregnated by a vampire. Their child was half-mortal, half immortal." he continued and Conri rose an eyebrow.

"And what is it you require from us?"

"Originally we came here to ask for a ... Donation. You see if a vampire is capable of conceiving with a human. Then a vampire is capable of conceiving with a werewolf and I am sure the result would be... Magnificent" Aro breathed in a power-thirsty grin that had the Alpha sighing.

"Originally?" he prompted.

"Yes, well... Given recent developments..." Aro stated calmly, unblinkingly as he implored Conri to understand what he was saying.

"She knows" the brother nodded his assurance, flickering his gaze over to Caius whose own expression was blank as he stared straight ahead- the group of them quickly making their way back to civilisation. "Adolpha knows she has to go with you... She cannot be parted from you now" he said it as if speaking to them as a whole. "I trust you will look after my sister, Aro"

"Of course, Conri. No harm will come to Sweet Adolpha under our protection"

"You think she's sweet now" Conri chuckled, the situation instantly smoothing over and becoming calm as quickly as it had become tense. "But she's feisty, took a chunk right out of Chann last night. Mind you, he deserved it" the alpha shrugged and it was clear that Conri was very lenient with his sister.

Aro couldn't help the smirk that painted itself on his lips when they discussed the feisty werewolf. She would bring some light to their castle, that much was for sure and he could only hope that Caius would warm to her-- He was currently very against bringing her home with them but they all knew that it would cause him physical pain to be separated from the beta- She was his soulmate too.

Adolpha would live forever now, as she had imprinted on someone who would live forever. Though ultimately, aside from on full moons- she was mostly just human which would mean she needed protection. They could only hope that Caius would eventually become that protector...