Chapter 2 ♕

I got to class on time.

Do not ask me how, I truly have no idea either.

I guess I can be really fast when I have to, even though I'm the laziest person to ever walk this earth. Trust me, my parents have to remind me of that characteristic every single day, even now, when I'm two countries away from them. I don't know if being late to everything is genetic and can somehow be passed on, but I sure as hell hope my kid don't end up being like me in that sence.

The weird thing though, is that I used to be very athletic, and therefore very fast. I adored the way my limbs would ache, and the adrenaline would rush through my veins when I was running. I felt like I could do the impossible back then.
I also though I was going to become a professional athlete when I grew up. I needed a good reality check, because a) I was never talented enough, and b) my parents were absolutely against it.

Fast forward a few years, and I can't believe I was that stupid.

After a while I started reading more and more books, until I lost all interest in anything related to sports. Well, anything that required me participating. To this day, I still love watching different games on TV, regardless of a fact that my dreams of being a part of them are long gone.

If my younger self only knew she wouldn't be able to jog 50 meters without getting tired.

Anyway, the teacher was ten minutes late, and I barely managed to frantically jump into my seat before he came in.

I'm pretty sure my appearance was awful, partly because I overheard a boy behind me ask his friend why I had a nest on my head, and partly because I had a suspicion I would puke my guts out if I opened my mouth.

Now, since I couldn't flip the boy off, due to us being in class, I shot him a simple warning look, hoping that he would find it at least a little bit threateningMaybe it did work, much to my surprise. I mean, he did shut up after rolling his eyes dramatically.

I was really looking forward to lunch break, after having AP English and a Biology lesson. However, the time was passing so slowly, and the lectures were so boring. I kept glancing at my watch, thinking that if I stared at it longer, the hands would abruptly fasten.

But here I am, two hours later, exiting the studying hall with my hair slightly more decent.
Sometimes I can be very smart, so I thankfully remembered to comb my hair in between classes, with a brush I packed yesterday.

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad Charlotte invited me to hang out with her (If you could consider it hanging out). If I spend some time with my new acquaintance, maybe I won't feel so guilty for leaving Stacie, like I have been feeling the whole morning. Maybe I actually make a new friend for instance, and find myself enjoying the expirience in this school apart from the academics.

Her figure catches my eye the moment I near the gate that leads to one of the gardens.

Yup, I said one. There are at least ten of them, each differently decorated with unique, but beautiful plants. I visited the smallest one when I was in the mood for some adventure, along the forest behind my dormitory. They are breathtaking, though rarely full of students. Everybody prefers to go to the school cafeteria or the nearest city that's not too far away. I, on the other hand, enjoy places more quiet, with a lack of people there. Hence, I am relieved that Charlotte chose the garden instead of another crowded cafè.