28.Drunk

Zoro x Reader
Modern AU
Warning: contains cursing

This is the shortest I've ever written. I hope you don't mind.
Enjoy~
~~~~~~~~~~

Zoro's POV

"You can't drive, you idiot!" said my annoying step-sister Perona.

"I don't give a single fuck."

"Mind your tongue. Furthermore, you should follow her advice: all thing considered, you are intoxicated." spoke a firm voice from the couch.

"Yeah, whatever." With that, I slammed the front door of our house behind my back and went to my car.

Yeah, I was drunk. And driving. And mad with a specific person.
You.

I guessed it was because I always found you with other people, or because you rarely were with me anymore.
Just... what happened to us?
We had been best friends ever since elementary school; we used to spend almost everyday together and almost every weekend at mine or yours for a sleepover; then, I didn't know why, but we were no longer inseparable.

I really hoped for you to notice the attention I was giving — and willing to give — to you, but you had eyes for someone else. And I hated that feeling of jealousy that spread in my chest, for I had never felt it around you until we started our last year of high school.

My hand moved from the steering wheel to the radio and turned up the volume, to cover every profanity and what not I was exclaiming.

I hated how you always smiled around him, and how he looked at you. How the two of you looked at each other.

"Why couldn't it be me?"

But although I would never admit it, I always thought he was the best for you: handsome, caring, talented, already working in a prestigious hospital despite his age and with a job that allowed him to provide for both of you.

I didn't notice the too familiar car leaving your property. I guess I was too angry to even notice my surroundings.
Only later that night, I would have learned that you had broken things up with him.

Anyway, I parked my vehicle and hurriedly made my way to your front door.

My index finger repeatedly and furiously rang the bell. I could hear its echo from outside, so you had to be able to listen to it too.

It took you a while to open the door, but when you did, I saw you.
I wanted to yell at you out of pure rage, but I couldn't bring myself to.

Maybe it was because of the alcohol, but you were there, gorgeous as usual, despite your moist eyes. And I still loved you.

"What... w-why are you here, Zoro? It's late." you questioned me before sniffling.

When you asked me that, I wanted to cry out "I fucking hate you.", but it didn't come. I just couldn't say it. You were there, your tears caused by something you would have told me later about, and I was even angrier because you were so beautiful. And instead of screaming my hatred for you, I replied with an "I fucking love you.".