Part 23

"Are you sure this will work, Marcy?" Harry asks the next day. He's just finished a meeting with Marcy and his manager, who flew out on a special trip to be here. They've just had coffee and discussed a plan to prove that Tim is the bad guy.

"Yes. I am sure. Let me call you right now." She takes out her phone and calls Harry. He answers it and keeps the line connected.

"Okay. So put the phone up to your ear as you walk out. I'm going to be talking to you through the phone and you know what you're supposed to say out loud."

"I'm nervous." Harry says. "I don't want things to get worse for Zayn."

"They won't if you go with the plan." Alfonzo says. "Yesterday, Marcy and I really thought about this when you told us who you suspected and why. Trust me. We are going to get him."

Harry sighs but Marcy waves a hand at him. "Harry. He's out there and waiting to take you home. Go bait him."

He gets up from the table in the corner and he makes his way to the coffee shop exit. A few people inside recognize him and follow him out for pictures. He does make time for that before he's being helped into the car by Tim.

Once Tim gets inside the car, Marcy begins to talk into his ear.

"About all that stuff that happened yesterday."

Harry follows right along.

"Forget all about it, Zayn..... No of course not. I'm glad you forgive me. I never meant for articles like that to come out about you.....Yes. it's the truth..... Oh really? You'd want that? Meet at your place? You're back home?..... Oh. I see. Yeah. Of course I'll be there. You'll have to buzz me up though..... Okay. Tonight at seven? Absolutely. I'll be outside your building as soon as the clock strikes seven. I promise..... Yeah. See you then. Bye, Zayn."

He hangs up the phone and then eyes Tim from the backseat. He wonders if that was enough.

"So... Mr. Styles. I don't mean to intrude. Sounds like you have special plans tonight."

Harry is relieved that he heard. "Yep I do. Looks like everything isn't ruined after all."

"Well, you're certainly going to need a driver, aren't you? I am available."

"Actually. No. I don't need it. A friend that I haven't seen in a while is going to pick me up and drop me off. It's cool."

"Are you sure, Mr. Styles?"

"I'm absolutely sure." He says. And isn't until then that he is so glad Tim never got in a habit of calling him by his first name. He doesn't know what he would do if this man had been comfortable with addressing him on a first name basis. He would probably feel twice as betrayed.

"Well alright. Good luck."

"Thanks."

The rest of the ride is silent, but Harry just can't help but stare at the back of Tim's head in disgust. This just doesn't make any sense to him. In the beginning, he thought Tim was good. Tim was so helpful in helping him get Zayn back again. He appeared to be on his side.

But now that the truth has been revealed to him, he hates himself for ever choosing him to be his personal driver. Why did he let him around Zayn at all when he knew Zayn had some very serious things going on with him? Why did he ever tell Zayn to make use of him when Zayn was as vulnerable as he was? Now he has no idea what's next for his career in music or even what Off The Racks thinks of him.