HEROES

"OH, WE CAN BE HEROES, JUST FOR ONE DAY."

DAVID BOWIE

⋆ ⋆

NOT A LOT HAPPENS AT EAST RIVER HIGH SCHOOL.
For the Titans, they've only ever had to worry about the small things, like getting through Mr. Adam's history class or catching a football. Some of them have been friends for years, others are making new ones, some are just beginning to confront their feelings and some are cursed with unrequited ones.

But when a new girl shows up at East River with the hidden ability to manipulate ultraviolet energy, a series of mysteries begins to unravel in the town. And just when they thought being young, dumb and in love were their only problems.

A YOUNG JUSTICE/TEEN TITANS HIGH SCHOOL AU
SKINS STYLE EPISODES

⋆ ⋆

HELLO!! :)

HEROES is an Alternate Universe (AU) fanfic that explores a casual version of the Young Justice (cartoon)  ensemble, as well as a few characters from the Teen Titans, and what their adventures in high school might be. 

I was inspired to write this fanfiction after seeing Gabriel Picolo's beautiful artistic take on the Teen Titans, which depicts them as modern-day young adults living in the real world. As such, my *current* plan is that with every chapter, I will include a drawing of a still scene from that chapter, with hopes it will give you all an idea of what it looks like :)

⋆ ⋆

NOTES:

- The high school that they attend is called East River High School, set in a small fictional town non-canon in DC continuity (aka my own creation). It's in no way related to the river in New York state, or the high school in Florida.

- East River's school mascot is the Titan (therefore making all its students Titans... wink wink).

- The chapters are structured similar to the episode structure of the television series Skins, which follows the story of one specific character every episode/chapter. It's only loosely based on this structure; some chapters will have a primary focus on one character, but show a couple scenes that don't involve them.

- Some powers exist in this town, but vigilantes do not (for the most part).

- While I have included Teen Titans characters, this story mainly follows the Young Justice characters and their storylines.

- AGES: Likewise, I'm aware the age range of all the characters on the show is quite vast, with the original cast being several years older than those we see in Invasion. For storytelling purposes, in this book they're all within a four year age gap spanning the four years of high school. For instance, most of the original season one cast is in grade eleven/junior year (apart from Kaldur, who is a senior), while some of the younger members are in freshman year, even though in the show they're around 4-5 years younger than the OGs. With that being said...

- I've placed characters in the grades where I've felt they fit into the story. Therefore, some characters might be younger/older than other characters in my book, but in the show they're the opposite. Example: in the show, Gar is one year younger than Cassie and Tim, but in this book, he's actually a year older (in sophomore year while Cassie and Tim are freshmen) because that's where he fits into the story I'm trying to tell.

- Also, for nit-picking purposes: Dick, Jason and Tim are all one academic year apart from each other (junior, sophomore and freshman respectively) which is largely due to their being adopted.

- In the comics, Cassandra Cain is aged somewhere between being the same age as Tim and Steph, and being six months older than Jason (it varies from reboot to reboot). In this, Cass is one academic year younger than Tim and Steph, and is home-schooled.

- In this book, Bart is Iris and Barry's son (rather than grandson), and he and Wally are cousins.

- Cover art done by yours truly :)

- Chapters coming soon!

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS; THEY ARE OWNED BY DC COMICS.
I ONLY OWN THE WAY THEY ARE DEPICTED IN THIS STORY, AS WELL AS THE ARTWORK.