Chapter 14

I adjusted the tickets so they could be seen more on my phone screen. A smile was wide across my face and a glittery crown was above my head. Quickly taking the picture, I studied it to see if I looked okay. My smile surely wasn't forced and neither was the excitement in my eyes. I typed out a generic 'can't wait' message before quickly adding it to my story. Leaning back, my eyes scanned through the bustling terminal, watching as others either walked calmly or rushed around in panic. My hand absentmindedly went up to my fluffy neck pillow and began petting it. The man in front of me sat staring down at his phone, black bag beside him. I could see a bag of chips peeking out and it made me think of my own bag of chips. (Fave flavour) Ruffles were calling to me when I was finally able to be seated on the plane.

"Hey (y/n)! Isn't this exciting?" Bee pulled out an earbud and faced me. I nodded my head so many times I'm sure I looked like a bobble head. "And first class... Remind me to thank your soulmate for having rich friends."

My ears perked up. "My soulmate? Where did you get those tickets from again exactly?" I narrowed my eyes. "Where are we going in Korea anyway?"

Her eyes widened ever so slightly but she recovered fast. Not fast enough though. "I'm joking. You're not finding out who helped me with this whole thing. And think of it as a major surprise."

She then put an earbud back in and blasted her music. My face scrunched up into a scowl and I crossed my arms in front of my black sweatshirt. I decided to look around again and noticed two girls staring at me with wide eyes.

Okay then....

Slowly turning away from their gaze, I looked down at my phone. My notifications were going crazy. Which was normal now. I answered a few people on Snapchat but yet, I could still feel the two girls staring at me. Maybe it was someone else and I'm going crazy. Pulling my black Nike hat down, I tried to peek up at who was staring at me so intently. Lifting my head ever so slightly, I saw it was the same girls from earlier. A sigh rumbled through my chest. I'd rather they wave or approach me rather than just watch from afar. Aka stalking.

Ignoring them, I opened up Instagram. Only to be met with my picture. It was posted by a bts fan account. 'She's going to Korea?!?!? Asdfghjkl can she suck Joon's toes for me??' A smile broke onto my face at the caption. These fans, who knew Kpop fans were freaky? I swiped to the next picture and saw it was zoomed in to my ticket. Which showed my final destination.

Wow am I stupid.

I looked up just as soon as one of the girls took a picture. She froze and I responded simply by smiling and throwing up a peace sign. The other girl quickly pulled out her phone as well.

"Boarding for group 1, final destination Incheon, South Korea, will now begin," announced a man's voice.

"That's us," my mom stood up and excitedly started getting her carry on prepared. Bee and her mother started to gather their things as well. I grabbed the backpack the three had picked out for me. It was a black, you'll never guess, Nike bookbag. To match my Nike hat and my Nike shoes.

My mom had made a big fuss about how idols were always known for their airport fashion and since I am now an idol's soulmate I need to look the part. They on the other hand decided to wear whatever the heck they wanted. Shouldn't they look the part too?

At least Bee listened to me and bought the same Nike outfit but in burgundy.

Actually we ended up switching shoe colours cause the coordination in her opinion was too much.

My heart was pounding as I walked up to the gate. Our tickets were scanned and we made our way down the ramp and to the door of the plane. I realised the first class section must be small. In fact it was only 6 people and that included us. We were traveling on Singapore airlines. A guy wearing Adidas pants with a supreme hoodie (yuck no brand matching) walked slightly in front of me. His bag was dangling from his shoulder as he paid the slightest attention to where he was going. The other man wore jeans and a collared shirt. He was trying to tell last minute information to someone on the phone and I could see the frustration building in his demeanor. He kept looking at his watch and shifting his briefcase from under his arm to his hand. His eyes darted towards me and he did a once over. I quickly looked back at the supreme guy who was still engrossed in his phone.