Chapter 2

It was sunrise and Ao Ming quietly woke up from her slumber she remembered what happened yesterday and the kind man that saved her. She had been running away from her brother's army guards when she was ambushed by some Ninjas. Luckily her injuries weren't fatal. She had to get out of here as soon as possible before the guards track her down. But in such a state, she had to keep a low profile for now. She needed to disguise herself as a commoner in order to blend in. She decided to look around the room for any extra clothing. After a good while of searching, she found nothing. She decided to take a break and went out to the hall to look for the man from yesterday. He had been wearing all white when she last saw him last night. Maybe just maybe he had extra clothes that she could borrow. She found him at the end of the hallway. She quickly ran after him and called out his name, "Xiao XingChen!" He turned around swiftly before meeting her presence. "Hmm? Did you need something lady Ao Ming?" "Do you have a spare of clothing on you? Do you mind if I borrow it for the time being?" "Why would a lady like yourself need to borrow a man's apparel?" She stayed silent for a moment. He gently smiled and patted her head, "I have an extra pair of equipment that I can lend to you in my room." She looked up surprise. She was surprised at his sudden answer she hadn't actually thought he would lend it to her. "Whatever your reason is, it must be important. I won't question you, I know you have your reason." He carefully walked away.

Ao Ming was following the quiet man as they walked out of town. It has been quiet for a while before she decided to break it and start a conversation. The man replied with ease they had a nice conversation when she suddenly stopped talking and paused. Her action questioned the young man. Ao Ming Quickly grabbed the man and pulled him aside into an alleyway. He heard running footsteps past them and felt small waves of wind brush amongst them. He heard the girl sigh in relief. "Who are those people?" He questioned her. "What people?" She answered hesitantly, she proceeded to walk back into the street. He grew weary of her actions and decided to stay on high alert when he's near her. He couldn't let his guard down even if she was a female, she had better capability then he had. Ao Ming noticed that XingChen wasn't next to her so she quickly went back and grabbed his wrist to guide him, this took XingChen by surprise. Before they were able to make it out to the city the Sìhǎi Lóngwáng guards blocked the exit and were waiting for her. There in the middle stood her brother smirking at her. Her attempt to escape her brother has been let down, she was pissed. "We finally found you, Ao Ming. You had your fun now its time to take responsibility and come back." "I don't wanna go back, I refuse to return with you." XingChen who had been doing nothing but listening to this whole conversation took defense and stuck his hand out in front of her in a protective manner. " Ao Ming you've grown really stubborn and spoiled, it seems I have spoiled you too much. Come now and return with me to Sìhǎi Lóngwáng  Palace. "Gēge I don't want to go back, I don't want to marry. I-I have someone I love already." "You- You shall come back with me at once. You've gotten bold telling me lies mèimèi." "B-but Gēge it's true!" "Nonsense! Guards bring her to me at once." Ao Ming suddenly grabbed XingChen's face and kissed him on the lips. As if everything had slowed down, the kiss lasted longer then it should have. That kiss greatly increased all her senses. She pulled away slowly, "Second brother I beg of you don't make me return with you and have me leave him behind, I refuse to get married to a man I do not know. Tell mother and father that you were unable to locate me to save yourself from the royal highness wrath. Tell First brother that I'm greatly sorry to have to do this to him. I know he must be disappointed in me. I shall return soon once everything is sought out but at the time being, I cannot go back not yet." Ao Ming kneeled down and bowed to her brother. "Tch stubborn indeed you've grown bold little one. I shall let you go just this once but next time you will surely abide by the rules. Guards let's go." Ao Ming's brother started walking away with the Sìhǎi Lóngwáng guards following right behind. She quickly gasped for air and was happy at what had just happened completely forgetting the kiss. She turned to look at XingChen who had been frozen on the spot due to the aftershock she suddenly remembered what she had done and apologized, she bowed her head and explained what happened. It was silent as they continued to walk, Ao Ming felt guilty to have kissed him without consent. She tried to think of a way to make it up to the poor man, as they continued to walk farther away from the city.

XingChen had also been thinking and keeping to himself. He kept remembering what had happened back in town, he couldn't get it out of his head. He questioned it, the scenario, and what would make a person chose to make such an intimate decision. He had never been in that situation so he didn't know what to do. Now it was awkward between the two and it made it really hard to communicate when they needed to, but knowing the situation they were in he would put it aside and cooperate with her. This girl is so mysterious he thought to himself it interesting being with this girl he thought maybe I can keep her around for fun. They continued on with the path as XingChen was walking, Ao Ming suddenly pulled his wrist making him stop.  "You almost hit a rock," she said. "XieXie."  She started walking again but still held my hand. Her hand was warm and gentle it felt nice and nostalgic. They had been walking for over 5 hours now they decided to take a quick break by a riverbank. Ao Ming refreshed herself and cooled off. XingChen took a drink and washed. Ao Ming sat next to XingChen, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and smiled. The nice breeze passed them and refreshed them both and cooled them off from the baking sun. "I'm sorry for earlier, I panicked and I wasn't thinking. I know you must be upset and I understand if you don't want me to stay with you anymore." The girl looked down. "I'm not upset. I was just surprised, don't leave yet your not fully healed yet. She looked at him happily and smiled, "Thank you, Master Xiao!" XingChen smiled and patted her head, "call me XingChen." After that, they fell in comfortable silence.