Chapter 2: Ginger Maniac

Once we finished our food I heard my adoptive father speaking in his monotone emotionless voice he must have another client over, suddenly my attention was captured by the newspaper in June's hands the title read "ARKAM ASYLUM INMATE'S BREAKOUT" what the hell? "hey June, can I see that?" I said and she nodded handing me the newspaper she had the page on the word-searches I internally chuckle then flip to the story from the front cover "oh yeah, daddy was telling me about that, I wonder if it has something to do with the people strapped down the the living room" June said carelessly like it's a normal thing "wait, what?" I said sitting the paper down "yeah, daddy told me to stay out while he talks to them but he'll introduce us later" she said all cheery, he may be a monster but June had always been Theo's little girl ever since he took her from her real parents he's treated her like a princess, me? not so much, but I don't need daddy's approval as a princess because I'm his monster daughter, daddy's little monster if you will, "did you see these people June?" "yeah, one was kinda fat scary looking" she rambled about his appearance and I looked at the article to match the description 'Robert Greenwood, Cannibal' fit it perfectly, a fucking cannibal is in our home!? "and there was a really pretty blonde with total body goals" I looked and read 'Barbara Kean, Matricide and Patricide' great a parents killer "a huuuuge bald guy" she emphasized and I read 'Aaron Helzinger, Killed his entire family with his bare hands' jesus "a really weird and fidgety one who kept talking to himself" that must be 'Arnold Dobkins, Schizophrenic, Poisoner and a Rapist' you have got to be kidding me! "and there was the most dreamiest ginger I have ever seen, his eyes Sky, you don't even know" she got lost in a daze talking about the guy that was read as 'Jerome Valeska, Matricide' although I will admit his picture is pretty cute. we were both broken from our thoughts when he heard loud slashing followed by a maniacal laughter and my adoptive father Theo stepped out from the living room to the dining room where we were "girls, I have some new 'friends' I'd like you both to meet, after all they will be staying with us for, a while" he spaced out and emphasized the words so I know he's not kidding and this can't be good.

Theo lead us into the living room and sure as shit there were the escaped inmates all lined up on dolly's strapped down, I felt forest green eyes piercing into me but I chose to ignore it "gentlemen, and lady, these are my daughters June and Sky" he said stepping out of the way so they could all get a good look at us, once I came into view lewd comments and wolf whistles erupted from the men, I saw Theo physically tense up and hold up his hand gesturing for them to knock it off before anyone else said another word I felt June back into me and clutch my arm tightly I looked down to where her line of vision was focused on and took a sharp breath, there was a dead body on the floor in the same uniform as the others this must be Richard Sionis at least it was "he didn't want to listen to your dear old daddy, love your hair by the way gorgeous" a snarky voice piped up I looked up and saw the ginger maniac looking at me I fixed up my posture and looked back into his dark forest green eyes, the same ones I felt were fixated on me when I entered the room "you'll end up like him too if you don't keep your mouth shut ginger" I shot back at him and I heard him snicker oh this bitch "Sky, Jerome, play nice after all you are now officially house mates" Theo said placing a hand on my shoulder, Jerome sent me a sneaky wink to piss me off and I rolled my eyes "now obviously, it goes without saying my daughters are strictly off limits to any of you" Theo said in his protective father mode "won't be a problem Mr Galavan" the douchey ginger replied "please Jerome, enough of the formalities, call me Theo" he said while flicking his hand as a gesture for me to go and release the inmates, I walked all the way past the others and ignored the lustful staring from Jerome and stood in front of Barbara "us girls gotta stick together sweetie" she said with a playful wink as I unstrapped her, she stepped off and threw her arms out in a stretching motion "June, accompanied by three guards will escort you to your private room Barbara" Theo said and she smiled and nodded at him and followed June out of the room, next I moved onto the one that looked the least dangerous and annoying Arnold, June returned with the guards and awaited for the next inmate, I unlatched his straps and he slowly moved off the dolly it was kind of like a baby deer on ice, once he realized he was safe he sent me an unnerving smile and trotted off towards June, once they returned I stepped in front of Robert he licked his lips and smiled creepily at me "look at her like that again and I'll cut your tongue out, Greenwood" Jerome said with a dark tone from next to Robert I rolled my eyes and unlatched his straps before he stepped away he took a big whiff of my hair, um ew, and walked off towards June, once she returned I stood in front of Aaron he sent me a sweet smile which I returned and unstrapped him easily he sent me another smile and waved me goodbye and started following June, the guys just like a giant teddy bear, and finally the one I was dreading, Jerome fucking Valeska, I've only known him for 30 minutes and he's already gotten on my nerves, I stepped over to him and tried to ignore his victory toothy grin, I tried to make it quick and painless but of course the latch had to get stuck and it caused my body to crash into his fan-fucking-tastic "maybe wait till your dad leaves the room to jump me, or don't I don't mind an audience" he said in his snarky asshole tone "fuck you" I said reaching behind him to pull the safety latch to release him "you want to" he replied and cackled, now I really don't want to release him, I pushed my body into him to try and get hold of the safety latch but didn't realize he got a full peepshow down my shirt, fuck!, "I gotta say, you're getting a C for effort but those D's-" before he could finish I gripped the latch as fast as I could and pulled it causing him to stumble down and of course I went with him I closed my eyes preparing for the painful floor, he put one arm out beside my head to stop himself from landing on me and crushing me and the other around the back of my waist to stop me from crashing to the hard floor and possibly breaking something, wait did he just save me? I opened my eyes and looked up at him to see he was already staring at me, his forest green eyes glistening with amusement and mischief it was almost beautiful, he lips twitched into a smile and so did mine and we both let out a nervous chuckle, "ahem" the sound of my father clearing his throat made me remember that we weren't alone and that I hate this guy "Sky go wash up for lunch, Jerome follow June to your assigned room" with a quick movement Jerome jumped to his feet and left the room without a glance towards me, what the hell was that?