He Who Is Summoned

Before the girl can pull her arm back, Safety Pin drags his knife across her flesh. Her skin bursts apart like an overstuffed pillow. The blood drips onto the floor in a steady stream, the metallic scent she despises, fills her nose once more.

She opens her mouth to scream from the pain and the fear, but she does not get the chance.

The moment her blood touches the circle, a black mist begins to fill the air. It sizzles and pops, filling the room rapidly with absolute darkness that smothers the candles and harbors an intense weight. Everything becomes heavy, and the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end.

A great heat arrives with the darkness as if a fire has spread out in the room and has begun to burn at the flesh, but there is no physical damage. It fills every crook and crevice, causing unbearable pressure and oppression. The mist moves, never taking on a form, but images appear in it. Or rather, images appear in the minds of those who gaze upon the mist.

There are hundreds of eyes, distorted faces, cruel intentions, smothering anxiety, and bestial fear inside the mist. The girl closes her eyes in an attempt to shut out the images, but they seem to seep right through her eyelids and burn themselves upon her brain.

The boys' scream and bolt up the stairs, Safety Pin pushing and beating the other two out of his way. Soon, there is only the girl and the imposing mist left in the dark basement. She sinks to the ground and begins to weep openly, all of her despair and loneliness filling the room as if it has a physical form.

The black mist closes in on her, its heat burning fiercely. Just when she decides she can't take it anymore, the heat stops entirely. She opens her eyes and glances up. Standing in front of her is a beast of a creature that does not have one substantial form. The only thing she can define is its massive size, its fur-like texture, dark red eyes peering down at her, and thick, black hooves. Otherwise, the creature's shape keeps changing, as if it cannot contain itself.

"What do you desire from me?" the creature asks the girl. The voice is incredibly deep and foreboding, yielding great power, yet it does not sound like anything at all. Much like the images, she hears it aloud but feels it in her mind.

She merely stares up at his imposing form, her body quaking, petrified. The form twists and moves closer to her.

"Do not make me wait for you," it growls. The girl can feel its deep voice rattle inside her chest, chilling her to the core.

She gulps. She desires many things, but she does not think it wise to make any deals with this creature. She's not even the one that called it forth, so why is it asking her? Panic fills her.

"I-I want someone to love me," the girl whispers, clutching onto her arms and staring at the floor. That is her deepest desire, to not be so alone in this world. She did not mean to blurt it out, but this creature's presence is extremely overwhelming, and she doesn't want to keep it waiting.

The creature looms over the girl, its' black cloud surrounding her, oppressing her. Its' head twists and turns, inspecting the child, attempting to determine her worth and potential use.

After a few intense moments, the creature's shape begins to dissipate, but it does not disappear. It begins to take on another form entirely, one that may assist the girl with expressing her desires.

The form of a young man appears out of the darkness, with hair darker than the deepest voids and eyes a smooth, golden brown. His skin appears sun-kissed and flawless, so much so that it is almost unsettling. He bares only a fur around his loins, concealing them while also suggesting a hint of shape. Although he is shaped like that of a human, he does not appear to be so.

The man steps up to the girl, squatting in front of her, placing his palms on the floor like some sort of beast. He leans in, stopping mere inches from her small face, and stares into her eyes. An incredible heat comes off of his body, but there is no breath on her face. The girls pulse pounds in her ears, icy terror sifting through her veins, as she finally understands who is squatting in front of her.