But we're young(part one)- Rafe

Your POV

"Can you just stop already?!" I shout at my annoying friends. "It's not possible, I'm on birth control."

Kei shot me a puzzled look.
"You know that doesn't mean anything. Did y'all use protection?" She asked.

"Yes! Of course!" My voice cracked.

The truth was, I was 18 and I decided to save myself for marriage. I met Rafe when I moved here a year ago. I mean, yeah, he was a kook...I was a pogue. I was practically a disgrace for even thinking about a kook but it just happened.

He was different when he wasn't around everyone else. He let his guard down with me. He was hurt and broken just like the rest of us and I fell for him hard. Then one night on the beach one thing lead to another and it just happened. I felt guilty about it but it was only one time. He told me we didn't have to but I couldn't stop...It was two months ago and everything was okay.

But I missed my period.

"You have to tell him."
Kei stated while giving me an apologetic look.

"Kei, what am I supposed to do? I can't be pregnant. I'm 18! I can't be a mother yet and how do you think he'll react?! He'll run off just like my dad did!" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Y/n he has a right to know and no matter what happens. You're a pogue and we have your back." She patted my back as we sat on the couch.

Later that evening, Rafe sent me a text.

Baby❤️- hey beautiful, you up for going for a drive?

Me- yeah that sounds good.

Baby❤️- you ok?

Me- we can talk about it tonight..

Baby❤️- ok baby.😘

Me- Rafe?

Baby❤️- yeah babygirl?

Me- i love you always, okay?

Baby❤️- i love you always, baby. 😍😘

It was about 8pm when Rafe pulled up at my house and honked the horn. I peeked out the window to see that he was in Toppers Jeep.

I grabbed my bag and glanced at my mirror.
My sunkissed skin looked good in my mid-thigh board shorts and my mint green, southern girl shirt. My hair reached my shoulder and my highlights added to my rounded face.

I walked out and climbed in the passenger side.

"Oo baby, you look good."
Rafe said, leaning over the console puckering his lips, wanting a kiss.

"You too."
I retorted shortly, placing a small peck on his lips. "Where are we going?"

"I figured we would just drive, you know, windows down. You and me."
He smiled.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just go."
I gave him a fake smile.

In all honesty, I wanted to throw up. I wanted to go back inside. I wanted to tell him the truth. I wanted all these things but I was just frozen in the Jeep, sitting beside him. Just hoping that he'll understand.

"Okay."
He backed out of the drive while taking my hand and interlacing his fingers between mine.
"Well, I love you." He smiled and placed a small kiss on the back of my hand.

I looked over at him. I wanted to cry. I wanted to hug him. All these emotions and I didn't know what to feel.

"I love you too, Rafe."
My voice broke.

I felt a tear run down my cheek.
We were even five minutes into our night and I was already crying.

Rafe shot me a questioning look. He quickly found a spot a pulled over, putting the Jeep in park and focusing on me. He pulled my hands to his chest.
"Baby, what's going on?"
He asked, concerned.

I couldn't speak. I just cried. I didn't know what or how to say anything. I pulled my hands away and covered my face. I didn't like it when I cried. I hated it when people saw me like that. I felt weak in their eyes.

"Y/n, hey.." he pulled lifted the console out of the way so he could move closer.
He put one arm around my shoulders and the other to remove my hands away from my face.
"Talk to me, babygirl."

"I just, I don't know...like what to say...I'm afraid of how....ugh. I don't know." I sobbed.

"Afraid of how I'll what?"
He asked while shifting a little closer.

I didn't say anything..I was quiet for what felt like forever. Tears were still streaming.

"Babygirl, I love you and it kills me to see you like this. Say something, anything. Are we okay?" his voice was lined with anxiety.

"Rafe, we're okay but I don't know if we will be." I put my arms around him and cried into his chest.

He immediately reacted and held me tight.
"Y/n please tell me what's going on."

I pulled back and looked him in the eyes, getting what composure I could.
"Rafe, I missed my period."

His eyes showed relief but then in a second his expression changed to shock.
"What?" he said quietly.

I felt scared and nauseous. I needed to get out..I need air. I felt like I was slowly suffocating.

"What does that mean?" he asked, his eyes full of shock.

"What do you mean?!" I practically yelled.
"I missed my period, what else could it mean?!"

"I don't know, I'm not a woman. I don't know how all that works." he stated through clenched teeth.

I began to cry again, I let him down. He was going to leave. It was over and I knew it.

"Hey, stop. Don't cry. I'm sorry." he snaked one hand around my waist and the other he lifted up my chin.
"It's okay. We'll figure it out."

"What?" I looked at him with confusion through tear blurred vision.

"We'll figure this out okay. Don't worry. It'll be okay." He gave me a quick peck on the lips.
"We're okay, baby. We're okay." he pressed his lips against mine once again but this time a little harder.

When we broke the kiss I looked deep in his eyes. "We're okay?" I asked.

"Of course y/n. We're okay. I promise. Stop overthinking it." He ran his fingers through my hair and down the side of my face.
"I love you, always."

I sobbed again gripping his body so tight.
"I love you always." I kissed his jaw.

"Have you taken a test?" he whispered.

"No, I was too scared." I responded just as quiet.

"We should get you one." He placed his forehead against mine. "We need to know, okay?"

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly...
"Okay."