Part Three: Intrusive Thoughts

Deku shifted his shoes and their positions on the dirt below. He held his stance solidly where it was and held his hands in front of him in preparation. In today's lesson they had ended up in the area they had practiced signature moves in, but now they were focusing on helping improve their classmates' skills. Right now Izuku was supposed to be working with Kirishima to practice reaction time.

"Lookin' pumped! You ready man?" Asked the red haired boy as he fastened a headband around his forehead and spiked hair. He stood a moderate distance away with his hand on his hip as he inspected Deku's stance. Denki stood nearby, watching them prepare. He had been using his outfit customization tech and tools to practice his accuracy, but seemed more interested in watching this. In truth, it was probably just to avoid work.

Midoriya was still running thoughts and plans through his head from the nights before, in which he had spent sketching out his concepts. He lifted his chin up a bit and nodded. "Yeah. Come at me with it!" He tightened the muscles of his hand and arm slightly, letting the power of his quirk start to collect inside of them.

He spent a lot of his time still lost in his own head, and in honesty he preferred it there. Something about having something to focus on that much felt nice. His thoughts brought him back to the glow of power in his arm and he tried to dismiss whatever questions he had about the morality of his position here as he insisted this is what he had to do for now.

Kirishima's leg grew angular and pointed as he hardened it and plunged the tip of his foot into the ground and heaved up a decent sized chunk of earth. He lifted it and balanced it on his foot, which appeared difficult for the time being, then tossed it gently to the air, kicking it in Deku's direction.

With an effort of clearing his mind just before the kick, he was able to swing his fist effectively at the boulder, breaking it apart as it reached him. The fragments of the rock fell and the dust settled nearby.

"Sweet!" Exclaimed Denki, pumping a fist to the air. "I wish I could do stuff like that!" He paused and thought. "I probably could, but I mean, you guys make it look so cool and easy." He chuckled and put a hand to the back of his head.

"Well it still takes some training to accomplish. It's alright if it's not really your strongpoint. We have different quirks, ya know? There's tons of cool stuff you can do that I can't!" Kirishima flashed a shark-toothed smile to his peer. "That's what's cool about it! No one really does the same thing with their quirk! They're all good for different stuff!"

"Oh yeah?" He put a hand on his hip and grew his sly little expression. "What about you and Tetsutetsu? You seem pretty similar all around."

Kirishima was a little off-set by this. "W-we're quite different people, man! He had a lot of strategies I didn't even know about- and I learned a lot from my time with him! It just goes to show we all have different ways of using out powers even if we have similar types!" He was obviously defensive now about this. He calmed himself and brushed off his shirt. "Aren't you supposed to be practicing your aim?"

"Yeah, I just found it cooler to supervise you two." Denki smiled and waved to them in a way as to suggest they continue.

Deku stood in the relative same position as he had before the two had started talking. He hadn't been following their conversation at all. He had been thinking of course. How to make his outfit, which colors would fit best for this kind of mission and how he could use what he already had to achieve that. He knew people who were good at that, but asking for help would give too much away. He found himself moving a hand to his mouth in a thoughtful position.

Coming onto the fact that Deku hadn't said anything during their entire conversation, Kirishima turned to look at him. "Hey, you doin' alright? You look kinda zoned out."