Chapter ten: Use the force!

A week had passed since I got captured. That means we missed the first week of school and Admin probably put out a missing students announcement.

They did. When we arrived we got our asses chewed for leaving. We didn't tell them about the demon, instead we took our punishments, which was. training the freshman in physical training. It was a hellhole, but I didn't complain that much, but my muscles sure did. I left at about four in the morning from cleaning the gym and limped to my dorm.

The academy had a night schedule. It needed to be that way for the vamps and demons attending. The sun was getting ready to come up when I closed the door to my dorm and went to bed. I just wanted to die already, but not like when I was with the demon, more like sleep forever and not wake up.

I thought about what Frankie had told me earlier that day before the training. It was a strange conversation but then again, it was Frankie.

" Do you promise not to let me drown? "

I looked at her weirdly as I set up dummies for the freshman to practice fighting with. " What do you mean, of course I promise. "

" But do you really promise? Drowning means that I either get hurt or killed. Do you promise to never let me drown? "

I looked back at the dummy that I was holding, it had blonde hair and blue eyes, just like Frankie did. I set it aside and replaced it with a brunette with black eyes before looking back at Frankie.

" You won't drown Frankie, I promise you that. "

Her eyes lit up and she gave me a quick hug before dashing out of the gym, probably to go ask Robin to take her to the beach again. I shook my head and smiled as I blew the whistle for the freshman to line up for role call. The whistle makes me their God, or at least that's what my favorite character says in the show supernatural.

                                               *    *    *

Blood. That's all I could see, and this time, it wasn't my own. Rougue, Ivan, Robin, Frankie, and so many others lay on the ground, blood seeping from their wounds. I wanted to scream, I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. The humans were holding me, forcing me to look.

" This is what you did Lyric. And all because you couldn't save them. "

I looked up and saw Jeremiah hovering in the sky, a look of dissapointment on his face. He shook his head before turning around and flying away into the darkness.

" There is a prophecy. " His voice whispering in the background as the humans lay me down and shove a stake through my heart. I scream but nothing comes out.

" You should've saved them while you had the chance! " One yelled to me as I fell deeper and deeper into the darkness. " You should have saved them. "
                                              *    *    *

I woke up screaming and covered in sweat. I looked around the room and almost cried with relief when I didn't see any dead bodies. These nightmares have been showing up ever since Jeremiah told me about my "destiny". I ran my fingers through my hair and got out of bed to shower and get ready for school.

After showering, giving up on my naturally wavy hair and slipping on my black skull dress and spiked converse, I grabbed my school bag and went out the door. I checked my phone while walking towards campus. Eleven fifty, classes started at midnight. I sighed and walked faster towards campus sliding my phone in the side pocket of my bag.