10

Taken from: Notfakenews.net

JOYOUS NEWS:
The suspect in the missing L/N case and in Jordan Leed's murderer: caught!

• Hi! Now that you've clicked on the link would you mind taking a few minutes of your day to donate to our "SAVE POTATOES" trust fund?

The next morning, Y/N was certain she'd never see his sorry face again. Sure, she felt bad, but the kid was indefinitely delusional if he thought she actually loved him.

She walked the city blocks, breathing in its intoxicating air like there was nothing fresher. There was the lake, disgustingly ridiculed with plastic bottles and bird poop, but it was all so regular it didn't matter. There was even the classic hot dog stand—

A prickle of fear drove up her back. From all Y/N's years of experience, she knew when someone was following her.

She spun her head in all directions, not caring of how ridiculous she looked.

*Snap!*

There it was, that sound, as if someone was taking pictures of her.

*Snap!* *Snap!* and a couple more.

The crowd was dizzying, people were chatting and the sound of phones could be heard anywhere. But yet there was a continued string of snaps throughout the crowd.

First, despite herself, she criticised the method of taking photos of her:

Who the hell uses an old fashioned camera to take photos when you can just use a phone?

Then:

Why the fuck is anyone (oh no she knew who was capable) taking pictures of me?

She tried to deny that there was a truth. Ducking her head down, she focused on evading the person, and getting to work.

All of sudden, from behind the woman, a man rammed into her, carrying a drink that smelled like F/D but was confirmed when it spilled all over her.

He muttered a stuttered apology, clasping his hands over a camera wrapped around his neck—fucking camera around his neck. F/D. That stutter.

"Rhys!" She was angry. He wasn't supposed to follow her— but Rhys was gone again.

She sunk to her knees.

"What the hell happened to you? You look like someone who just gave birth only to have their baby throw up on them. Is that F/D I smell?"

Y/N flipped Jordan off as she proceeded to sit down at her desk. "Whatever, where's Renolds?"

Jordan lowered his head.

"You haven't heard? He's investigating the murder of one of our officers. Apparently, according to Renolds, the guy broke into their house and stole files, only to be found out. There was a struggle and..."

"Renolds's searching for something?"

"Like he always is." Jordan paused for a moment whilst Y/N turned to her computer, clearly fazed by the news. "You know, I heard that the killer specifically stole your files. The officer that was murdered was one of those ones that do a half and half job. Like prosecuting and receptioning."

She dropped her tea she was halfway through sipping. That was the second drink she'd had spilled on her today. "What?"

Just as Jordan was about to answer, Renolds walked in. He stomped over to Y/N's desk, and hugged her.

Y/N, surprised at the notion, blushed, and Jordan snickered at the two. "Get a room!" He left to get a donut.

"H-hey? Renolds? You're not like your usual self. What's wrong?"

His eyes darkened. "I'm so glad you're safe, that's all."

He removed his hands from her, though maintaining a steady blush.

It disappeared as he looked in disgust at the files he held in his hand.

"Someone left a message for you."

He tipped the file and the contains were enough to make a grown man scream, if he wasn't used to such sights.

Y/N merely gulped, as the body of the officer was cut up and spelled in jagged literary:

"I love you Y/N."

This story will probably end in a couple chapters... so hold on until then! :)