she's a bit scary

"Hello, my Queen." Persephone let out a yelp as Thanatos practically materialised behind her.

Death itself was silent.

"Thanatos, I'm not a Queen, so you don't need to address me as such." Persephone smiled at the blind god.

He smiled knowingly before dismissing the subject, "How are you doing?" he questioned the spring goddess.

"I'm doing ok, bit hungry though." Persephone shrugged, one foot was tucked under her body on the leather couch and the other dangled, tapping on the cold floor.

"Lord Hades is going to go on a break soon, he'll get you some food." Thanatos soon disappeared and Persephone was left alone.

Hades was completing his duty as the god of the dead as he met with the passed souls and placed them where they belonged. The Asphodel Meadows for those who led mediocre lives, the Fields of Mourning for those who died experiencing unrequited love, the Elysian Fields for the best of the best, or even Tartarus - the worst of the worst.

As he sat on his dark throne, admitting souls to the Asphodel Meadows, all he could think about was the goddess that was within the castle walls, and how he couldn't wait to get back to her.

"My Lord," Thanatos appeared and knelt in front of Hades, "Lady Persephone is hungry."

At these words, Hades stood and dismissed the souls, quickly walking to where she was.

Upon hearing his shoes click on the marble floors, the goddess sprang up, smiling at the man.

"My love, you're hungry." He smiled at her and her insides warmed.

She nodded and he took her warm hand in his cold one and led her to the kitchen.

It was as beautiful as she expected, shiny, clean benchtops with state of the art appliances, a reoccurring black theme with a little gold to add in some colour. In the fridge that Hades opened, it was full of food, but he seemed disgruntled as he pushed it all aside, seemingly looking for something.

"Hecate!" Hades called out as he straightened, closing the fridge door.

Persephone watched on in awe as black smoke seemed to slowly seep from the shadows to one point in the room, creating a void of darkness, and out stepped out a purple-eyed woman, followed by a black dog and a polecat.

Her smile was smug as her cat-like eyes observed the goddess of spring.

"Enough with the theatrics." Hades rolled his eyes in amusement, Hecate grinned, thin lips revealing her white teeth.

"First impressions count." The goddess of witchcraft shrugged, her shoulder, grazing the keys that hung off her ears and causing a soft jingling noise, "Hecate, goddess of witchcraft and necromancy." Hecate did a small curtsey.

"Persephone, goddess of spring." Persephone smiled politely.

Hecate looked the girl up and down, "Ghastly dress - "

"Hecate!" Hades scowled at his friend who simply rolled her eyes.

"Gee, you didn't let me finish. I know your mum chose the dress Seph, don't tell her I said this, but her style is a bit old fashioned." Hecate scratched the black dogs' head with her sharp, dark purple nails.

"Hecate, I called you here for a reason." Hades sighed, leaning onto the kitchen bench.

"Yeah yeah," She nodded and turned to him before muttering under her breath, "grumpy pants."

Persephone liked her already.

"Can you get some food from up there for Persephone?" Hecate raised her thin brows at him in surprise.