Cadnis

Kenya

Cady's birthday had come and gone, but one present was still awaiting use: three tickets to Kenya. Her parents had given her them, so she and two friends could go there for a week to visit Cady's old life. Cady had obviously chosen Janis and Damian to take with her.

~•~

The day rolled around relatively quickly, and at 4 in the morning on the 28th of July, Janis was being shaken awake by her girlfriend, who was by the looks of things already dressed and ready to go.

"Okay okay I'm getting up." She groaned, stretching her arms out wide. She swung her legs out of bed and stood up, to then flop to the floor dramatically.

"I am afraid that my legs have turned to jello. Only sleep can cure jello legs." She sighed. Cady giggled, pulling her up.

"C'mon, get dressed, we're gonna miss our flight!" She said happily, running to wake up Damian. Janis trudged to the closet and got out some shorts, a t-shirt and a denim jacket, plus some tights and her combat boots. She dressed herself and walked to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

Around half an hour later they were all ready to leave.

"Everyone got their suitcases? Good, Damian before you ask we can get breakfast at the airport, right, let's go catch a plane!"

They all clambered into the back of a taxi, and told the driver where they were headed.

"The drivers lowkey hot though." Damian whispered to them, causing them to laugh quietly amongst themselves.

Halfway through the ride, Janis spoke up.

"I figure I should probably let you both know that I have quite severe aerophobia, or fear of air travel, so I wrote a little book on how to deal with my anxiety on a plane." She said, handing them a small book. Cady opened it and began to read.

"I'll try and help, I'm not the best at comforting people though." Cady said after finishing the book.

"It's fine, if you're just there for me is fine." Janis said, resting her head on Cady's shoulder.

"Alright, here you are." The driver announced, and sure enough, they looked out of the window at the huge airport in front of them. They all climbed out of the car and Damian payed the driver. He got back his change and he was looking through it when he saw a small slip of paper with a number on it, and the words call me written underneath.

"Ladies, I got his number!" He announced, and they all started to laugh at Damian's excitement.

They got some trollies and put their suitcases and carry on bags on them, and began walking towards the escalator. Once they were on the escalator, Janis reached for Cady's hand as she felt fear bubble up inside her. A tear slipped down her cheek.

"Babe, it's okay, you'll be fine." Cady reassured her, wiping her tear away and wrapping an arm over her girlfriends shoulders. They then got off the escalator and walked to the check in area. The queue seemed a few miles long.

"Ergh, really! We have to wait in this queue! It's going to take hours to get to the front!" Damian moaned.

"Oh don't be such a baby, these queues end up going quite quickly, and besides, this isn't even out queue, ours is that relatively short one over there." Cady said, pointing to the correct queue. The trio walked towards it and stood behind a family of four, a mother, father and two daughters. The older of the daughters had silent tears falling down her cheeks. Janis felt sympathy for this girl.