Chapter 1 - The Leaf Devil's Reunion

Y/n PoV

A light breeze whispered past my ears as my eyes blankly stared up towards the blanket of blue above we call the sky. Leaning upon a branch high up, beautiful white snow encompassed my surroundings. A dim ball of fire above glistened through the chilling air as my unnatural yellow hair gently danced to the wind. My skin turned pale in response to the freezing air, my sharp blue eyes seemingly staring into the abyss of blue. The scars and bruises on my hands slowly tinted to a purple as a minute hum emanated from my mouth.

My hand slowly wavered to my cheek, caressing my lone scar; one of the last remnants of Naruto's legacy.
"It's really been.. such a long time." I murmured to myself as my hand dropped to my side, slightly touching the branch below. "At this point.. I can barely remember what he looks like.".

Ahhh!

A chilling screech of agony rumbled through the relatively peaceful landscape, sending a flock of birds nearby to soar up in fright. I jolted to my feet, standing upon the branch, and swiftly leapt down, analysing the source of noise. A sharp breath blew into my lungs as I leapt to my right, my eyes scouring my surroundings like a predator looking for prey. Dull snow below crunched minutely as the glimpse of a wooden hut of sorts appeared from within a tornado of snow afar. Jumping off a nearby tree, I instinctively propelled myself towards the house as my mind slowly held grasp of the situation.

Suddenly, I stuck my feet into the snow, releasing all of my momentum, as I peered on at the treacherous sight;

a massacre.

A trio of innocent children lay on the ground, their oozing blood soaking into the snow below. In the middle was a lean, long haired girl, whose stature seemed nostalgically familiar. Neglecting my curiosity, I leapt up to the trio, checking their bodies for a pulse; there was none. My head suddenly perked to my right, where the wooden hut stood. A horrid stench of sweet blood flew up into my nose as I rushed into the cabin, gaping at the miserable sight.

Blood. Flesh. Guts. Miserable.

A true massacre had taken place; the massacre of a seemingly happy family. Bodies were scattered upon walls and floors, their ages ranging from young to old, small and big. Horrified at the sight, I silently shut the door, paying my quiet respects to the innocent family.

Crrrunch!

The minute crunches of snow echoed through the landscape as a nostalgic aura dashed towards me. Instinctively, my body swerved behind a nearby tree, my hand on my hip in anticipation. The footsteps only grew louder as they approached the sight, until they suddenly stopped. A miserably long silence ensued as the person, who seemed to be a young boy, froze up in pure fright, his gaping jaw invariantly open in shock. The boy's gleaming maroon eyes hid behind a shadow of despair as the boy rushed towards the corpses, horribly screaming in trauma.

"Nezuko! Wake up! Nezuko!" The boy pleaded as I continued to peer on, the familiar name suddenly tightening my heart. The boy shook Nezuko wildly, desperate to save her, but she gave no response. "She.. still has a pulse." The boy murmured with a hint of happiness as he slumped Nezuko over his back, his burgundy hair blowing through the harsh wind. A sudden glimpse of realisation shook through my body as I inspected the boy's stature;

Burgundy hair, maroon eyes, hanafuta earrings, a large forehead with a large scar, and knows someone named Nezuko.

"Nezuko! Don't worry! Your big brother is going to save you!" The boy yelled as he swiftly leapt down the steep mountain, slapping me out of my overthinking. Hopping over numerous logs and rocks, the determined boy desperately rushed towards the village down below.