2 | Divorce | ~ G.D

-imagine you and Grayson got a divorce when your two kids were super young and they have to switch back and forth-

Disclaimer: if divorces trigger you in any way I recommend you don't read this. I haven't met a person who gets triggered by it but I don't want to hurt anyone! ❤️❤️

Kids names and ages

Brailee: 6

Brooks: 4

~~~Your POV~~~

"Brai, Brooks, your dad will be here soon." I yelled up the stairs.

Grayson and I broke up when Brailee was 3 and Brooks was 1. For some reason we both just didn't work anymore. I didn't want to put the kids through our fighting so we ended it. It's the sad truth but what can we do now?

"Mommy why can't you and daddy get back together?" Brailee asked walking downstairs with her bag of clothes that she takes back and forth.

"Brai I'm afraid it's not that easy hun. Now where's your brother?" I asked looking around trying to avoid that conversation at all costs.

"Mommy I'm here." Brooks says from the stairs.

"Your dad should be here any..." suddenly the door bell rings.

"Right now." I said as the kids walked to the door behind me.

I opened it and saw Grayson on his phone then he looks up and smiles weakly.

"Oh hey Y/n." He said quietly.

"Hey Grayson." I added smiling slightly back at him.

"Okay ready Brai Ready Brooks?" He asked as the kids smiled and hugged him.

"Have fun Brooks have fun Brai Brai." I said waving as the kids followed Grayson to his car.

~~~Grayson's POV~~~

"Dad I play soccer now!" Brooks said excitedly buckling himself in the car seat.

"Oh my goodness that's so exciting buddy." I replied smiling in the mirror at them.

"Dad why can't you and mommy get back together?" Brailee asked out of the blue.

"Well it's not that easy baby." I replied avoiding the question best I could.

"That's what mom said." She mumbled.

Once we arrived home the kids ran in the house where Ethan was waiting.

"Uncle Ethan!" The kids yelled excitedly.

"Wassup munchkins!" Ethan said hugging the two.

I hate that Y/n and I got a divorce. I hate it for the kids. It was what's best but I really just was hoping there was a way to avoid it.

"Dad can I go swimming?" Brooks asked while smiling.

"Yeah sure buddy I'll get your floats while you change into your swim suit. Brailee do you wanna swim?" I asked smiling.

"No." She replied hanging her head walking into her room.

I noticed she's been really down lately. I felt so bad.

I got Brooks' floats then put them on him as he jumped into the pool.

I decided now would be a good tile to talk to Brailee. She has been super down and I really don't like it when she is that way.

I went to her room and opened the door to see her coloring in a coloring book in the corner of her room.

"Hey dad." She said not looking up from her book.

"Hey Brai can we talk?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." She said putting the book and crayon down to sit next to me on her bed.

"What do you want to talk about?" Brailee asked.

"You seem kinda down lately you wanna talk about it?" I asked her.

"I just want you and mom to get back together. Mom found herself a boyfriend and I don't like him. That's why I wanted you and mom to fall in love again like in high school." She explained as a tear slipped out of her eye.

"Aww Brai I'm sorry. I know this is an annoying answer as a kid but you'll understand when you're older. Me and momma just didn't work out. I'm sure your moms boyfriend will love you just as much as she does." I said as Brailee nodded in understanding.

"You sure?" She asked.

"I'm sure." I replied.

We hugged then she decided to go swimming with her brother.

A/n: heyyyyy hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Love you the most!

PEACE!! ✌🏻✌🏻