Chapter 1

Hey guys!! So this is the first chapter of my first story on here so please, be nice!! And I know that its kind of a short chapter, but hopefully the others will be longer. Hope you all enjoy!! Please comment. I would love to here your thoughts and opinions!
_______________________________________

Brandon's head pounded as he sat in silence on the city bus. After a few moments, the bus pulled up outside his stop. Grabbing his bag from under the seat, Brandon made his way off the bus, throwing a goodbye at the driver as he stepped out into the freezing rain. He watched the bus pull away and then pulled his jacket tighter around him as he made his way down the street towards his apartment. Pulling open the main doors, he slowly trudged up the steps to his apartment. He rifled through his bag before pulling out a set of keys and slipping the correct one into the lock. Silently closing the door behind him he dropped his bag down on the couch, kicked off his worn out sneakers and then slumped down into the chair at his desk. He dropped his head down onto the desk as an alarm sounded on his phone. Letting out a groan, Brandon pulled his phone from his jacket pocket to look at it. 6 unread messages and 2 missed calls. Both calls most likely from his sister wanting to check in on him. Again. Deciding he would call her back in a little while he opened up the messages. 3 were from Cameron about the homework assignment due for their English class tomorrow. Typing back that he would help him in the morning, he opened up the last three, all from Andrea. She wanted to come over. Right now. Not wanting to deal with her any more that night, he deleted the messages, slipped on his shoes and grabbed his keys, heading out the door and locking it shut behind him.

Brandons rain soaked sneakers slapped against the large stone steps leading up to the old library. Pushing open the large wooden doors he stepped into the grand main lobby. The walls were a dark red color with white details along the edges. Warmth filled the air as the logs burned in the large fireplace at the far end of the room. As quiet as he could, he made his way down the la rge hall in front of him. Even though he had been here many times before, it was still a wonder to him. Large stain glass windows lined the arched ceiling while pictures hung on the walls. A loud scream came from behind the door at the end of the hall, jolting Brandon from his thoughts. Dropping his bag to the ground, Brandon rushed down the corridor. Bracing himself for what he would see, he flew through the door, shoulder first. He landed on the ground with a thud, wood flying all around him.

"Brandon?" Looking up from his position on the floor, Brandon gave his friend a shy smile.
_______________________________________

"So let me get this straight. You were coming here to see me when you heard a scream and decided to be heroic and breakdown a 250 year old door?" Spencer asked as she paced back and forth in front of Brandon who now sat on a large crate.

"Well when you put it like that..."

"It was very sweet. But, I wasn't screaming because I was in danger or anything. I was screaming because I got this," reaching over to the table behind her, she grabbed an envelope, "Its a letter. From NYU." She handed the letter to Brandon who gave it a once over before looking back at her.

"Spence."

"I've been accepted," Spencer announced as she took a seat next to Brandon on the wood crate. "They said that even though I'm a sophomore, I have more than enough credits to graduate. Which means that I can go there, starting in the fall." Brandon stared down at the letter in his hands, tears threatening to spill over. He slowly folded the letter back up, placed it back in the envelope and handed it back to her. Grabbing his jacket from behind him he jumped down from the crate and headed for the door.

"Brandon?" He kept walking, afraid that if he stopped, the tears would fall. She called again, this time she sounded closer, "Brandon!" He picked up his pace, not wanting her to see him cry. Finally catching up to him she grabbed his arm and turned him to face her. Her heart dropped when she saw the tears running down his face.

"I don't want you to leave me." Spencer smiled at Brandon, holding his face in her hands.

"Brandon, I will never leave you. I promise." Brandon smiled back at her and in one quick motion he lea
ned in and placed a small sweet kiss on her lips. Expecting her to freak out, he was more than surprised when she leaned in for another kiss.

Within minutes, his hands were on her waist making their way between her shirt and her tan skin. She ran her hands through his hair as they continued to kiss. Pushing Spencer up against the wall Brandon removed his hands from behind her. Grabbing her thighs, Brandon hoisted her up, her legs wrapping around his waist. Peeling her away from the wall Brandon walked her over to the small wooden table. With one swift move he layed her across the table. Within mere seconds their clothes were discarded across the floor, neither aware of the figure lurking in the shadows.