Chapter Four

Hey all!

This chapter has an extra page to it because I wasn't done with what I wanted to happen in this chapter before then. ^.^ So enjoy!

Thanks again for all the votes and comments, I love it and I really try to reply to each of you when I see it. If I missed your comment, don't take offense, I just didn't see you. ;)

Also: This story is absolutely amazing! http://www.wattpad.com/story/1312915-the-life-and-death-of-a-vampiric-mermaid Give it read because it totally deserves it. 

Dedicated this story to a friend, because it's her birthday! :) 

Love

Ruth

I frowned, feeling like the handsome man in front of me was joking. He had to be making fun of me right? Playing in on the fact that I'd already called him Týr a few times now which must somehow suit his goal.

Yet I knew that some things were too much of a coincidence for it to be untrue. Like the fact that Sammuel seemed to have uncanny, realistic and up close knowledge of all the ancient Scandinavian gods and their myths and legends.

Or how he'd been so incredibly shocked when I'd called him Týr as a joke and then even more when I explained away the fact that he had both his hands. Týr as we knew him was the one handed god because he sacrificed his hand to restrain the wolf Fenrir.

Suddenly that also made sense. I'd seen the fear on his features, if only for a second, when I was in my wolf form. His disgust wasn't for my white fur but simply because I was a wolf and he didn't like them one bit. With reason.

The comment about not biting; now it made me smile thinking back on it. A mighty man, once an ancient god and he was clearly terrified to be bitten by a wolf. Even a tiny one like me.

A groan came from beside me, “And now you don't believe me do you?”

I couldn't help but laugh at the disgruntled look on his face, as if he couldn't believe his own bad luck. “No I believe you, but what are you doing here? Teaching history of all things?”

“Checking in on you, that's what I'm doing,” he replied as momentarily relief flashed across his features.

“Me?” I stuttered, surprise made me jump up again and then I began to pace anxiously. “Why me? I'm hardly anything special. I don't need checking up on, everything is just fine!” Why would he of all people even come to check up on me?

“Yes you, little one,” he said as he stood as well and took hold of my shoulders to stop my pacing. The gesture was incredibly gentle and I felt a wave of heat wash over me that had everything to do with the tender look in his eyes.

“Don't call me little one! I told you,” burst out of me and I stepped back. Uncomfortable with his closeness all of a sudden and angered by the belittling words, even if they were meant as some sort of endearment.

His hands fell to his sides as if I'd slapped him and he stepped back, out of reach. “Geez you're feisty aren't you? Nathaniel send me to check in on you, don't take it out on me!” Now he raised his hands up high as if in surrender.