CHAPTER 45 - MOVE

CHAPTER 45 - MOVE

"Hannah was right." Julie said softly as she stroked my hair, "Anna wasn't the one. She cheated."

"It's for the best." Hannah said quietly as she looked outside, "I'm not sorry, you had to know."

I didn't answer as I looked at her and nodded before hiding my face in my knees as I stopped myself from crying. Julie looked at the door before waving at Ryan walking past and stopped at the door.

"Hey, D. Alex wants to see you. I'm not too sure why." He said as he put on his shades and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Do you have any ideas, Hannah?" I muttered as I stood next to her.

"No idea." She said before glaring at Ryan, "well, I'm sure there's a good reason."

Hannah got up and opened Julie's draw to reveal a painting of hers before smiling.

"We'll wait here for you. Jules, let's work on this for your mum as a get well present!" She said as she placed the painting on her table, looking at Julie as her saddened expression was gone and replaced with a smile.

"Okay." Julie answered before smiling and grabbing her acrylic paints.

Hannah waved me off as Ryan stuffed his hands in his pockets before I followed him to my mother. Ryan being my bodyguard now is really weird. I must admit, being friends with him for a year before all this is insane. My father was working with Doctor Franc and helping the children and adults who were sent here injured or ill with serious illnesses. I was planning on seeing him later today to give him a new book that he really wanted to read. Mother might have a surprise for me. Who knows, it might be a good one. Hopefully, it's not enough suitour like before.

As we walked into the room, Ryan closed the door as my mother approached me with a smile.

"I have good news, Dani." She said with a smile before hugging me.

"Yes, mother?" I said with a grin.

"Anna is coming to visit us today." She said as she sat down on her desk and started writing a letter of some sort.

"Mother- she... we're not together anymore." I muttered, looking away. I failed her again.

"Oh, dear. Well, I'm sure it was for the best." She said as the maid started to pour us some champagne, "I'll exile her."

What? She doesn't care that it didn't work out, again? What is she up to?

"No." I said as I walked up to her desk and spilled the ink bottle over it as she lifted the feather pen.

"Are you questioning me?" My mother asked as she frowned.

"No. It's just that she'll have nowhere to go." I said.

Will I be able to reason with her? The one who rules this place? The one who never listens and the one who never changes? I know that deep down she'll listen.

"Okay, she can come back as she pleases. But she is going back to her parents or that man of hers."

Julie rushed in as she looked at us both frantically. My mother frowned at her lack of courtesy or manners, I looked at her with a small smile as she spoke.

"Hannah- she... She's gone. I was so busy drawing that I didn't realise that she went to get us a drink but she never came back. Hannah's left... And she's not coming back." Julie said.

When I woke up, the first thing I saw was Eagle eating his breakfast with Tracy watching him intensely while leaning against the wall as he spoke to her. I remembered the day after I broke up with Anna and where my father was. Hannah left. It was true. Hannah was only around because she had to break off my engagement to Anna. Except, she had the right reasons to unlike my mother. She was bad from the start in many ways. But, Hannah told me the truth about what Anna was hiding. That is enough for me. DId she know what she caused though? My engagement to Ryan? DId she know the reason why my mother wanted to break us up? If she did, then that changes everything. And vice versa.

I heard Grant cough as he folded his sleeping bag into his bag like everyone else. Adam was next to me with his arms around me as if I were some kind of teddy bear, Eagle turned around, pointed at me with a grin.

"Well, well. Looks like you guys can't keep your hands off each other." He said before Tracy laughed.

I sighed as I tried to pull off Adams arms to no avail, he was much heavier and stronger than I thought. Grant didn't say anything as he headed for my room with the medic who entered with a tray of food in his hands. Adam was still fast asleep until I came up with something unthinkable. Something that I wouldn't do with anyone but now was the perfect time. I turned my face to face him as I leaned in and bit his left cheek, the one that wasn't burnt. Eagle burst out laughing when Adam woke up with a yelp and let me go.

Taking my chance, I got out of his grip and stood up before yawning and rubbing my eyes. Adam also yawned and rubbed his eyes like I did before lying down.

"Well, well." Tracy said with a small smile.

"It's not what it looks like!" I said as I raised my hands to surrender.

Tracy and Eagle looked at each other before turning to me.

"Please get a room if you're going to do that." Eagle said as Tracy glared at him before laughing.

"We didn't do anything." I protested.

Surely they don't actually think that, right? Please tell me they're joking.

"We did." Adam said with a grin before pausing to say the last word, "not."

At first, I frowned thinking how much I wanted to strangle the life out of him so he wouldn't say things like that. When he said the last word, I sighed in relief when he looked at me. I swear. Something has gotten into his brain ever since he was kidnapped.

"We were talking about Georgie, that's all." I muttered as I felt my heart tighten as I heard Georgie laugh for the first time in two months.

"Well, my boy has grown up. Talking to girls at night." Grant muttered before scruffing Adams hair up as he walked past which left Adam with a big smile on his face.

"It's not what you think, ol' man." He said as he got up, "we couldn't sleep."

"That doesn't make it sound any better, Adam." I said as I grabbed a bowl of tomato soup from the counter that the cook had made with a smile.

"Oh. I had no idea." Adam muttered as Eagle handed him a bowl of porridge that he didn't eat yesterday.

Is he really that oblivious? Surely, he isn't?

"Anyway, the medics need some supplies. We'll need to get them." Eagle said as he stood up and wiped the dirt off his jeans before looking at us.

"Where's the place?" Adam asked.

"It's a few hours away, close to the Frey."

"The Frey?" I asked.

"You'll realise when we're there, Eagle will show you. I'll stay here and send help through the surveillance room." She said with a small smile.

"When are we going?" Adam muttered as he looked at the medics who left George's room.

"Today." Tracy said.