Cupid's Arrow 💘// PROLOGUE

A year ago...

Lance's POV

"Congratulations Madeline Young! You are now our newly elected Vice President. Would you like to take a speech and share to your fellow students about your future plans for our school?"

It a busy day at my school. All of the students, including me are currently inside the gymnasium, waiting patienlty as Mr. Lee, our principal, announces the winners of the election for the next school year new sets of student officers.

"...Thank you for my fellow schoolmates who have voted for me. I'll do what I've promised for you all for a better future in our school. Thank you."

The student council is highly respected by every students and considered popular in my school. They are seen as the best among the best, either mentally, physically and/or socially and it was a school tradition that the results of the election will be reveal in front of the whole school, instead of posting the results either on the bulletin board or on our online page.

"Why is everyone so noisy..."

I always thought that it was supposed to be quiet event but everytime Mr. Lee announces a candidate's name, everyone started applauding loudly, supporting the ones who they voted for which is kinda hurts my ears. The only time the gym is silent when the candidates were giving out their victory speeches.

"It's so noisy... I can't concentrate..."

While everyone is screaming and clapping loud, I'm sitting at the back, sketching at my drawing pad because I wasn't interested in the event.

"I just want to draw my cute bear in silence.."

Good thing I decided to bring my sketch pad even though I wasn't gifted with the talent of drawing.

I've always love to draw doodles and cute things. Of course I want to improve my drawing techniques but i'll stick to my own art style.

"Thank you Ms. Young! Now let's reveal who will be our next student council president that won by a landslide! The votes were pretty close but in the end, There will be only one president and that is......"

"Ugh, the lines are wobbly. My bear is not cute anymore.. Hmmm, maybe I-"

I ignored what my principal is talking about because I'm thinking of how I can fix my doodle when someone infront bumped into me, ruining my drawing more.

"Oh no!! I'm very sorry!!" The person who bumped me said before continuing applauding loudly.

"Aw sheet." I said on my mind.

"I should have brought an eraser before going here..."

I was pretty sad that my drawing is ruined but my focus suddenly shift from the noise around me that started clapping more loudly than before.

"Huh? Why is it more loud than before..."

Instead of starting a new sketch, I decided to steal a glance at the stage for the first time since I arrived here earlier to see why everyone starting to cheer more loudly.