[ t w e n t y - f o u r ]

Lee Minhyuk

i gently pulled jooheon and soo yi away, causing some of the people around to react in shock.

because of that, jooheon looked at me confused but also alarmed of my sudden actions.

i also didn't understand what i was really doing. usually, i would just stand frozen and let my heart break on its own. but this time, i just went for it.

i looked at soo yi and i could tell that she was the most flustered out of all.

she was suddenly embraced by jooheon in the spur of the moment. apart from that, i also broke them apart and now all eyes were on us three.

i cleared my throat and finally thought of an excuse to lighten the mood.

"hey, you two should stop. it's so cheesy, and people are watching." i scratched the back of my head and spoke with an awkward smile.

jooheon stood silent for a moment probably trying to process what was happening until he finally released a chuckle and patted my shoulder.

"aigoo, was it too cheesy? i was just caught up in the moment." jooheon slightly smiled.

"y-yah, i was about to hug you and yujin next anyway." he added.

"still! people reacted a bit too much because you embraced soo yi like that. i think everyone here got the wrong idea now." i spoke, looking around us.

"haha alright, i got it." jooheon laughed.

finally, the air was cleared after a short while. i did feel the immediate tension between me and jooheon dying down.

"you okay, soo yi?" jooheon suddenly asked her.

she was a bit silent and taken aback by the two of us that she was spacing out for a while.

"yeah of course. i didn't get the wrong idea here. congrats, jooheon-ah. i'm really proud of you." soo yi brought the smile back on her face and played along.

suddenly, she excused herself from the two of us and went to grab yujin's arm with her.

"yujin-ah, i think we can go and see shownu's game now." i heard her speak.

yujin slowly looked at the two of us who were behind soo yi.

"jooheon-ah, your game is over right? we'll go ahead and proceed to the football field. after all, soo yi's day wouldn't be complete without her seeing the guy she actually likes play." yujin excused soo yi and herself from us.

"okay, no problem. enjoy~!" jooheon gave a nod and we both watched as soo yi and yujin walked down the bleachers to make their way out.

Jung Soo Yi

yujin and i sat down silently as we were watching the football game. however, i honestly still couldn't get myself to stop thinking about everything that happened just a while ago.

"yah, jung soo yi are you listening?" yujin suddenly asked me.

upon hearing her voice, i slowly snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head to face her.

"huh?" i asked.

"i told you your crush scored a goal!" she raised her voice.

"yah! people might hear, keep it down." i quickly tried to cover her mouth to silence her.

yujin moved her head away immediately and pushed my hand away.

"you weren't even watching the game nor listening to me. you were just staring at the floor." she spoke.