14. Eraser (Beomgyu)

y/n pov

y/n pov

a loud bang on the table filled my ears, causing me to jolt up from my quick classroom slumber. out of reflex, i punched whoever was in front of me, and half awake, i laid my head back on the table.

an inhumane groan came from the ground, mumbling curses and yelping out ouches. he then sat on his seat which was in front of mine, leaning on my table.

"what was that for?" he mumbled in complaint, putting his chin on my table.

"hmm, for disturbing my sleep, gyu." i replied, burying my head deeper into my arms.

"oh yeah? what if i tell you the teacher would come in five minutes and you look really messy. like, really messy."

i quickly got up and check the classroom clock far behind only to see that it was still fifteen minutes until the first class. a high-pitched laughter immediately came from him, and i turned towards him as i scowled.

"oooh i'm gonna kick your ass later, mister." i approached him and playfully hit him on the head before sitting down, exhaling a really long breath.

"damn, you hit me too many times already." he chuckled, complaining cutely as my attention went elsewhere.

"hey, um... have you written it?"
"what?"
"you know... your crush's name."
"hey!"
"sorry. have you??"
"not yet, i was planning on buying a new eraser first."
"ooooh, raising your luck, huh?"
then they chuckled when suddenly beomgyu poked my shoulders.

"what're you looking at?" he asked, curious.

"nothing." i bluntly lied as i took out my stuff from my bag.

you see, in this school, we have this cute little belief. if you write your crush's name on your eraser, he or she will like you back.

yeah, i know, kind of stupid right?

but believe it or not, a lot of cute love stories happened because of this. some even ended up married.

so, ever since then, a lot of students in this school wrote their crush's name on their eraser, almost everyone did. but sometimes it became a disadvantage. wanna know why?

because you could see who their crush is by simply opening the paper cover of the eraser. that's why i never wrote mine on my eraser. because i knew someone would see it then make fun of me.

and all i want to do is just to survive high school.

just as i started to wander off into my thoughts, the school bell rang just in time for the teacher to walk in. i snapped out, quickly opening my notebook when the teacher said her greetings.

"have fun studying." beomgyu suddenly looked back, sarcastically giving me a word of encouragement after we greeted our teacher back.

i tilted my head up in surprise, beomgyu smiling warmly at me. i got flustered from his sudden pep talk, and i just simply replied, "yeah, you too."