001

INTRODUCTION

It's the time of the year. Students at all levels will finally undergo this special assessment that they like to call- Placement Test. This test will determine what rank you will be in. There are three ranks in Samliwan Conservatory- Ordinary, Erudite, and lastly Elyxion.

The Ordinaries are your typical students. All students at the beginning of the first semester are all labeled as Ordinaries. Students in this rank have no privilege in anything. Their meals will be portioned like scraps. Their facilities like restrooms are filthy and unsanitary. They have shorter lunch breaks. Their dorm building is called O-Block, located in the east section of the school. You can easily identify if the student is Ordinary because of their bronze pin. Mostly all the Ordinaries have black marks, equivalent to F. Or to put it simply, Ordinaries are unintelligent, slow and simpleminded.

Next, Erudites. Students acquiring silver pins. Higher than Ordinaries, but lower than Elyxions. They do well in class, sometimes they are the students sent to compete against other schools. Also have better but limited privilege. Their dorm building is called the E-Block, its location is beside the O-Block. Though, the rooms in E-Block are not the same as to Ordinaries. Facilities are cleaner and don't lack water pipes. They also receive time privilege during lunch break considering their break is twenty minutes earlier than the Ordinaries, which gives them more servings and better choices of foods.

Lastly, of course, the Elyxions. These students are considered as the princes of the school. They own the gold pins. They receive gold marks- or simply A+. They acquire the most privilege in everything. There is a large section in the cafeteria where only Elyxions are allowed to sit. They serve different meals for the Elyxions only. Their dorm building is called the X-Block and each Elyxions have separate dorm rooms, unlike the two ranks, two people have to share the same room. They have a special class, which no one knows what really happens during or what their discussion is all about. Above all, no one dared to fight against an Elyxion because no matter how right you are, you will never win over an Elyxion. As long as you wear a gold pin, you will always be the superior. Elyxions really do receive special treatment.