Adventures In Norman Sitting

(Episode opens with Norman inside Hu and Laohu's den.)

Norman: Xiao! No thank you! Mao! Mu!

(The guinea pig lets out a frustrated sigh as Liam enters.)

Liam: Is something wrong, Norman?

Norman: Oh, yes. Hu and Laohu left me in charge of their 3 cubs. It's a mess.

Liam: I know how that feels. I babysit Gidget's daughter Iris. So I know all about taking care of kids. Taking care of tiger cubs shouldn't be any different.

(Later, everyone else is at the den.)

Gidget: Norman, Liam is right. He does babysit Iris.

Max: Taking care of tiger cubs is just the same.

(Later)

Liam (peering inside Norman's cage.): SO?! THIS IS WORK?!

Norman: Liam! Please!

Liam (sarcastically): Oh, by the way. You forgot your food! (He dumps the contents of a serving in Norman's cage.)

Norman (muttering): Oh, so this is the thanks I get for working overtime.

(Liam lets this sink in. To say that he is any synonym for the emotion "furious" in the English language would be an understatement. He fumes so hard that his entire body shakes. Then his teeth clench, and he finally loses it.)

Liam (shrieking at the top of his lungs loud enough to shatter glass): OVERTIME?!?!?!?!?!

(Both argue indistinctly. They are cut off by Xiao purring)

Norman: There's a purring kitten again.

Liam: That's Xiao climbing up the den.

(Just then, Xiao climbs up a large wall in the den. Liam and Norman's eyes widen out of their sockets in horror.)

Liam & Norman: XIAO!!!!!

(Liam uses his Lightning skills to catch him.)

Norman: Nice save, Lightning Liam!

(Xiao licks Liam's face in appreciation.)

Liam: Thanks, Norman.

(Later, all three tiger cubs are settled in for bed. Completely exhausted, Norman and Liam collapse with them on the ground just as Hu and Laohu return home. The two tigers share a smile.)