CHAPTER TWO: OUT OF THE BLUE

*****************************

Author's Note: Hi, everyone! Here's chapter two and I hope you like it! There are two parts of chapter one because it was crazy long, so make sure to check that out before reading Chapter Two so you don't miss anything!

And please don't forget to vote and comment!

Kisses,

Pia Mia

*****************************

Me: where are you?

I crane my neck to look around at the other tables, knowing Mr. Win won't be on the dance floor. He's too cool for that. Like, way too cool.

Mr. Win: I'm in the back

My eyes land on the set of double doors in the far corner of the club, guarded by security and kind of hidden behind the swarm of dancing bodies. Of course he's in the back. I take a sip of tequila before sending my reply.

Me: i'll come say hi :)

Mr. Win: No rush

Mr. Win: I'll send security to escort you.

"Girl." Maya's hand lands on my shoulder, pulling my attention away. "Who are you texting?" She narrows her eyes. "Don't tell me it's John."

"Nah." I smile as I put the phone down. "It's Win."

Clearly impressed, her red lips form a little circle as she says, "Oh..."

He doesn't need any more introduction. People have mad respect for Win around here. Win's a winner—it's the reason I gave him the nickname the first time we met. A successful investor, he always looks smart and sharp, and the way the room clings to his every word makes me think of someone who's winning at life. For the few months I've known him, Win's helped to generate so much business for me. I think of him as a friend, but he's kind of mysterious too.

Anyway, everyone here knows that when Win speaks, you stop and listen.

Or, if you're into suave guys in their late twenties, you stop and drool.

"I wanna dance!" Valerie stands up and smooths her tight white dress down. "Come on! I didn't come out looking this hot just to sit at a table all night. Let's celebrate!"

"Amen, sister." Maya jumps up too, and I laugh with Jessie as we join them.

The thump of the bass vibrates up from the dance floor and straight through my sparkly heels. With security standing close by, we party with everyone else, throwing our hands up in time with the music and singing extra loud when Maya requests our favorite track. We dance with old friends and greet new faces under the flash of club lights, grinding and swaying, the haze of stage smoke pouring over us before the DJ releases a stream of glittering confetti into the air.

After a few songs, one of the black-suited security guys taps me on the shoulder and directs me over to the double doors at the back of the club.

"Where are you going?" Val shouts above the music.

I point to the doors. "I'll be back—I'm gonna say hi to Win!"

The guys escort me through a LED-lit hallway to another set of doors guarded by more security. They push them open onto a whole other party in an almost identical back room. The dance floor vibrates with music in here too.