👶🏽

{Arashel P.O.V}

I sat here waiting for Jaxahl to say something, but she just stared at it. I bit the side of my mouth nervously as I watched her fiddle with it.

"When did you find out?"

"Last week."

"Is it mine?"

"Really?"

I got up and snatched the pregnancy test out her hand.

"It was just a question."

"And would you think that I would've told you if it wasn't yours? The first time I didn't tell you cause it wasn't yours so stop being stupid."

"Your right I'm sorry."

She got up and gave me a hug.

"I'm happy, I'm just nervous too. This my first baby."

"Nobody's ever prepared Jaxahl. You just learn throughout the process."

I put the pregnancy test back in the box and sat it down on the table. I got Dorona out her high chair and cleaned her up. Once I finished, I went to put her on the bed to sleep.

"So how far along are you."

"I'll be two months in 3 days."

She nodded her head and sat on the bed.

"How do you feel about this? Like you just had a baby so how does having another one make you feel?"

I sat and thought about it.

"I really don't know. I feel like I'm moving too fast and Dorona ain't even 1 yet. Well she turns 1 next month but still. I'm already in a position where I have responsibilities and now ima have another one. I'm happy and all but I'm also tired. Tired of everything I've been through and all I wanna do is protect my family."

She grabbed my hand and smiled.

"And that's why I'm here. I'm here to love and protect us and our family. If you wanna start over again we can do that too."

I smiled back and kissed her.

"Well I have somewhere in mind."

"And where's that at?"

[3 Months Later]

Attention all passengers. We are now landing in Houston, Texas...

I looked out the window and took in the view. Once the plane landed, we grabbed our stuff and exited off. Jaxahl rolled our suitcases and Kane carried our bags while I held a sleeping Dorona.

We waited till our Uber came and rode to our hotel. When we got there we ordered food and waited till it got here. After we ate, we left and went to go get our cars. Kane went to get hers at a different pickup lot.

"Can I see your care info please?"

Jaxahl handed her the papers and the lady did something on the computer. She handed it back and we left. We got inside of our car and headed back to the hotel.

"Jaxahl does this make it seem like we're running away from our problems?"

"No, we left because it's affordable. Of course, we wanted to leave all that negative energy behind but it wasn't financially what we wanted. There are always going to be problems in your life cause nobody's perfect."

"Is this what you wanted? To be away from your family?"

"It don't matter to me it's whatever makes you happy and safe, and knowing that makes me happy. Plus this isn't my first time being away from family. I actually use to live in New Jersey 6 years ago."

"Why did you leave?"

"Because I broke up with my ex."

"What happened."

"I cheated, she found out, I tried to make it seem like I was the victim and I broke up with her. I couldn't own up to what I was doing and kept hurting her so I ended the relationship."

"Mhm..."

She looked at me confusingly.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just like how honest you were. Hopefully karma don't bite you in the ass."

I looked at her and smiled trying to be funny.

"What the hell that mean?"

"Oh nothing."

I looked out the window and laughed. I loved messing with her.

"Arashel don't play with me."

"Yea mama don't play."

I turned around and looked at Dorona.

"Baby who side you on?"

"Daddy's."

I stuck my tongue out at her and made a face.

"I still love you though."

"I love you too."

We pulled up at the hotel and went inside. We cleaned up, did our hygiene and got ready for bed.

Tomorrow we finally move into our new home.

Vote❤️