Andrew, 1762

My Light in the World, Andrew,

My heart aches at the thought of marrying that miserable man, Mr. Daniels. I don't care if he is the richest man in the city, I will marry no man that isn't you. However, my mother is putting her foot down. I am so sorry my love, I think I will have to tell her about us, and hope that she allows me to marry you instead. I know it is not a good idea, but I am running out of options. I just need you to know, no matter what happens, I will always love you. Always and forever. If we have to, I will run away with you, because no amount of wealth and luxury could compensate for the absence of you in my life. I would gladly run off to a distant land with you. We could live in a small cottage in a little town. I could cook the meals while you worked down in the mines. You would come home and I would rub the knots out of your shoulders while our children played at your heels. Alas, now I am simply fantasizing. Can you imagine though? I would gladly go with you though, even if our fate isn't as bright as my fantasy. Anyhow, I should let you get some rest. Please do not fret my love, I will handle the situation with my mother. I adore you with all my heart.

Forever Yours,

Lillith