Chapter Thirty-Four

Twenty Years Later

The Hogwarts Express almost seemed to glow as it pulled away from the station. It had been many years since Hermione Weasley had ridden it. The Golden Trio had gone through crazy times since the last train ride any of them had. They were some pof the worst moments that anyone could imagine. But they made her stronger. They made all of them stronger. They were moments that she would never take back. And why would she? If those moments had been changed in any way, the entire world would be different. Her entire family would be different. She wouldn't change anything for the world.

But that didn't stop her heart from skipping a beat when Harry and Draco Malfoy shook hands.

It had been twenty years since they had been together. It had been nineteen years since she had last seen him. Since then he had filled out a bit, wore his hair just a little bit longer, and even had facial hair. He was married now and even had a son. Life had changed for everyone.

Ron and Ginny both looked at Hermione before they all walked over to say hello. They all felt the slight tension as Draco's eyes landed on Hermione. They also ask felt the tension melt away when the two hugged.

"You look good," Hermione said as she took her place next to Ron. His hand quickly reached for hers.

"You look as beautiful as ever," he replied, reaching for Astoria's hand.

"We were planning on going to lunch if you both would like to join us?" Harry asked.

It was difficult being around each other. Hermione and Draco could both feel the slight electricity that still flowed between them. They had been so in love that it was hard to look forward. But they all had a nice lunch. Draco had asked then how they were ask doing and congratulated them each on all of their accomplishments over the years. He had been keeping a close watch on the Potter and Weasley families. Just like they all had been keeping a close tab on his family.

"I was extremely happy when I heard that you were able to restore your family's memories," Astoria had said to Hermione as they both sipped on their butterbeers.

"Thank you. It took a long time but it's as if nothing had ever happened now and that's what matters to me," Hermione had replied, smiling.

Over the whole lunch, Hermione kept pulling her sleeve down. Even though they had the magic to remove the scars, Hermione refused to let anyone remove the word "mudblood" from her arm. She kept it as a memory of what they had all been through. It kept her strong when all she wanted to do was be weak. Ron and Harry were the only ones to really understand. No one else had been through that trauma. But she didn't want Draco or Astoria to see them and remember that his aunt was the one to put them there.

The entire lunch was filled with memories, both good and bad. It was also filled with new memories. Stories of their families and friends were shared. All in all, lunch went off without a hitch and everyone left feeling happy and full.

Both Hermione and Draco left with a sense of closure.

Three Weeks Later

"There's a letter for you," Ron said as he walked into the bedroom. Hermione, who was enjoying a relaxing day off from work, sat up and cocked her head to the side in confusion. She wasn't expecting any mail. Without a word, he handed her the letter.

The familiar handwriting made her heartbeat quicken. She hadn't seen his handwriting in years. She knew that Ron would be curious as to what it said. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell him. Of course, she hated keeping any kind of secret from her husband but this was an entirely different life that she had lived. Was she willing to open that book up again?

"What are you waiting for?" Ron asked. His curiosity was beginning to get the best of him.

With a sigh, Hermione opened the letter and read:

Dear Hermione,

Seeing you the other week was one of the best moments I could have had. I know that there were a lot of things unsaid between us but I feel as if I got most of the closure that I had been waiting for for a long time. It fills me with an incredible joy to see you happy and to see how far along you have come as a woman. Everyone knew that you would do amazing things.

I just wanted to finally say how sorry I am for everything that had happened when we were still in school. It was never my intentions to hurt you. I would also like to apologize for the torture that my family had caused you. When I had learned about what my aunt had done, both with her hand in Fred's death and your arm, I was mortified and was actually rather happy when Ron's mother got revenge. I get that that is a horrible thing to say but it could not be any more true.

Astoria and I host a Christmas party every year at the Manor and, though that place holds horrendous memories for many people, we would love for you and your family to come join us.

Send Ron, Harry, and Ginny our best wishes and we hope to see you around Christmas.

Sincerely,

Draco Malfoy

Hermione wiped at her eyes as she placed the letter on her lap. Ron rubbed her shoulders and smiled a genuine smile at the letter.

Things really had changed for the entire wizarding world.

It seemed that all was finally the way it was supposed to be.

[[A/N: I know that this took me forever to post but I hope you enjoy it. I had been working on Christmas presents for my sister, brother-in-law, fiance's mom and his step-dad. This had to take a back seat until I had finished them. Now, there is one more chapter left!!! Comment, vote, and pass this story on to your friends! I love you all!!!]]