Chapter 1

(One month left)

1st person

I woke up due to my alarm clock, smashing my fist into it to make it stop, which didn't happen. I groaned, got up, stopped the alarm, and threw on some clothes. I went downstairs where my parents we're, they didn't even spare me so much as a glance before walking away. I'm a failure even to my parents.

I got out front, hopped into my car, and headed to school. On my way there I stopped at Starbucks and grabbed some coffee and a brownie. I continued on my way to Terra High School, in which I am a junior.

I pulled up into the parking lot, parked my car, and went inside. I stopped at locker 237, my locker, did the combination, and grabbed my math supplies before heading off to math class. I got in and went to the very back right hand corner, and sat down. Nobody sat with me, because I'm the freak, the nerd, the boy nobody wants to hang out with.

Somebody comes into the class, I didn't recognize her, so she must be a transfer. She waits beside the teachers desk.

Just as the teacher, Mr. Boulvar, walks in the bell rings, everybody falls silent.

Mr. Boulvar begins to speak, "Welcome back everyone. Today, we have a new student from Europe, Germany. Her name is Violet." Whispering is heard throughout the class. During this time I take the time to observe Violet. She has blonde hair with purple tips and sharp, electric blue eyes. She had a curvy figure and to most would look quite beautiful, but I'm not a pervert.

Mr. Boulvar continues talking, "Violet, please take a seat." People started trying to get her attention, yet to my great surprise, she moved to the back of the class and sat next to me.

A student leaned over to her and whispered, "Hey! Why do you sit with that freak? Sit over here by us." He winked. Violet simply looked up, and said, "He seems like a nice person, unlike you and your group over there." He tsked at her, "You'll regret that choice soon enough." I could feel the razor blade hidden in my pocket start to weigh, my arms started to itch, I had to go now.

I raised my hand, and the teacher called on me, "Mr. Boulvar, may I use the restroom?" He responded with a quick yes.

I hurried over to the bathroom, locked the door, and pulled out my razor.

I lowered it over my wrist, before for quickly slicing into a vein. I watched the blood flow down, the burn, I knew I deserved every bit of the pain. I continued, one, two, three, four cuts on my arm. I raised up my shirt and put a long, slow cut on my stomach. And I loved the pain.

I wrapped gauze on my arm and stomach before I put the razor back into my pocket, and hurried back to class, knowing if I stayed any longer I would be in trouble.

Once I got back I looked up at the white board to see notes, I hurriedly opened my notebook and started to jot down the notes.
At long last the bell rang. I hurried back to my locker, before long someone's got to a locker right next to mine which was previously empty, I turned to my left and saw Violet, who was having trouble opening up her locker, I turned and asked her if she needed to help, to which she replied yes. I looked at combination and soon the locker was open, Violet looked at me and said, "Thanks, I never did get your name?" To which I replied, "Jack." As I moved out of the way of her locker she bumped into me, I barely held in hiss of pain, but I did wince.

She looked at me curiously, but luckily didn't question it. If she knew she would be just like the rest.

"Can you show me where the science classroom is?" Violet asked. I replied, "Yes, it's my next class anyways."

We walked towards the science classroom, not long before I was slammed into a locker by the school bully, Ace. I hissed in pain before getting back up, surprised to see Violet offer a hand to me, I took it and got back up, not before someone whispered, "Worthless, fat freak." It triggered me as I started hyperventilating, having flashbacks of every time I was called those same words, close to having a panic attack, but Violet tapped me on the shoulder and made me look at her, before asking if I was alright. This stopped my panic attack which I was grateful for, "Yeah, thanks." I replied, before continuing to the science classroom,

One we got to room 348, we went in. I, as per usual, sat in the back, which Violet followed me too, I gave her a confused look, but sat down. Ace threw a paper airplane at Violet, telling her to come sit with them. Violet simply looked up, and gave them the finger. I silently laughed, not expecting her to do that. His face was priceless, if compared to a tomato, his face world be redder, and the angry look on his face was worth coming to school that day.

Ms. Smith arrived and started class a few minutes later than usual. She was lecturing us about physics, something years ago I found interesting and as a result, looked it up and learned and took notes on subjects meant to be discussed this year. I already told Ms. Smith this and showed her the notes at proof so for a few weeks I'll be fine until we move on into more advanced physics.

The bell rang, and I got ready for gym. I headed  towards the boys locker room, to get ready, Ace and a few of his minions however, were waiting for me. Once I got there Ace said, "Well look who's there. It's the faggot, get him." They started beating me, calling me names such as fag, worthless, unloved, idiot, or would tell me to go kill myself, how ironic. Once they finished I layed there, bleeding, sobbing, just wanting to die. I waited and waited and no one came, not because no one knew. No, they just didn't care.