Chapter 2

(1 Month Left)

Violets Pov

As I got to gym class, I noticed that Jack wasn't there. I shrugged it off as us having different schedules.

As class progressed I learned were supposed to have identical schedules, I immediately got worried.

At the end of the class I got up and headed out, assuming his schedule to be slightly different. I got near the boys locker room and saw a small trickle of blood coming out the door, I leaned towards the door and put my ear on it. I heard soft sobbing on the other side. I ran to get a teacher.

I ran until I found a teacher, who was coincidentally Mr. Boulvar, and told him to come to the boys locker, and told him to come to the locker room. "Can I ask why?" He asked. I replied, "Someone's bleeding and crying in it and I can't go in." Mr. Boulvar simply nodded, and ran faster.

At last we made it to the boys locker room, and he hurried inside, he came out carrying Jack. I covered my mouth and started crying at how bad he looked. "Get a nurse, fast." He ordered me. I hurriedly ran to the nurses office and called for one to come quickly. "There's a student injured by the boys locker room. He needs help fast." One of the nurses nodded and ran off with me.

Once we got back there we were greeted by Mr. Boulvar trying to stop the bleeding, there was a puddle of blood on the floor, in the middle was Jack. The nurse told me to go, I had to get to class. "I'll need a pass, or I'll be tardy." I said. Mr. Boulvar wordlessly wrote one down and handed it to me. I rushed to Literature and Composition. After grabbing my materials

Jack Pov

There was only darkness. I called out, asking where I was, before hearing the faint, but steady beeping of a machine. It gradually got louder and louder, and I opened my eyes. Seeing a bright, white ceiling, I slowly looked around. I saw I was in the nurses office on a white bed. A nurse entered the room and asked, "How are you feeling." I responded with,  "Absolutely terrible." " Well that's to be expected." The nurse replied "You're free to go." I quickly sat up and walked out the door.

I checked my watch and to my surprise, it was 2:30. I missed gym, Lunch, and Lit. Comp. meaning I have history, though I've missed half an hour of it.

I returned to my locker and entered the combination, grabbing my stuff and running to history. I entered the class and the teacher, Mr. Adler, nodded at me before continuing his lecture. I sat down in my usual seat, the one in the back left corner, opposite of where the window is.

Violet coincidentally was a seat away from me, once she noticed me she scooted to the seat next to me. She whispered, "Are you okay?"
To which I replied, "Okay as I can be." I sent her a reassuring smile, to make her think I was okay, but in reality, I only wanted to kill myself more.

When Mr. Adler turned his back, someone threw a piece of paper at me, I unfolded it, and on it was my name with an underline underneath it. And under that was a bunch of words, these words were: Faggot, Useless, Stupid, Idiotic, Monster, Pathetic, and a note telling me to go kill myself. I felt small tears fall onto my hand. I raised my hand and asked to use the restroom, Mr. Adler nodded, and I was off.

Violet Pov

When Jack got up, initially I wasn't worried in the slightest, then I felt a small bit of water on the desk. I looked over and saw small tear droplets on the desk with a note calling him many things that nearly made me cry, and it wasn't addressed to me. I wondered how Jack was even okay, which got me thinking, is he even okay?

I decided to wait until after school to ask. As class finished up, I hurried outside and waited to see Jack. I eventually saw Jack and hurried to get to him. He saw me and tried to walk away, but I grabbed his wrist causing him to loudly hiss out in pain. Jack wrenched his hand away, gritting his teeth before walking away.
I cried out to him, "Wait! I'm sorry." Jack turned his head around once before going away. I could only wonder why he hissed.

Recap,
Jack, the main character, is going to commit suicide in 1 month. Violet, the female main character, is concerned for Jack and wants to help, doesn't know if his 'tendencies'.
School schedule
8:00-9:00, Math
9:05-10:05, Science
10:10-11:10, Gym
11:15-12:00, Lunch
12:00-1:00, Lit. Comp.
1:05-2:05, History
2:10-3:10, Study Hall