2nd race-Allowance-Penn National

A month later, I was racing again. Another chance to beat the crap out of horses. A little bit before the race, I found out that my stablemate Dragon Sickness (by Bayern, out of Sweet Reason) was also in my race. He was very fast at the start. I knew because we always worked together.
Little Ryan came up to me and petted my nose. Dragon Sickness snorted meanly, frightening Ryan. Ryan ran off to his mother, and I whinnied at Dragon.

We were in the giant metal box that's apparently called a gate. The doors clanged open. I burst out, eager to beat Dragon Sickness to the first turn. If I did that, he was done. "Dragon Sickness and Repossess are fast out of the gate! Piranha Lagoon comes over and bumps Repossess, and Dragon Sickness takes the early lead." Crapcrapcrap. Stupid Piranha Lagoon. I take off after Dragon, sprinting even though we have 6 furlongs left. We went around the first turn, and I flew around it, using to launch myself into the stretch. I caught Dragon coming off the turn and had to go wide to avoid him. Whatever. I had him now. "Into the stretch, Dragon Sickness has a length lead over Repossess. Repossess has him measured. Repossess takes the lead, and Dragon Sickness starts to drop back. Repossess by 3, 4, 5 lengths at the wire! Dusteater second, Gallant Soldier third, and Dragon Sickness faded to fourth." Mwahahaha. After getting another picture snapped, the photographer said to John, "He's certainly stakes material. And a ham too." Yes, I was both of those, whatever they meant.

Back in my stall, munching on same hay, I hear John and my trainer, Bill Mott, conversing in low tones. They glance over at me. I wonder what they're talking about...