Chapter 1: Another day

*BEEP!* *BEEP!* *BEEP!*

Y/N POV:
"Ugh fuck" I mumbled groggily, I'm not a morning person and getting up for work at 6:45 A.M really wasn't my style. Nonetheless I had to get up to tend to my company, which I liked since it followed my most desired career path. I slammed my alarm so it would shut up but since the universe liked to taunt me it kept beeping, making me even more grumpy than usual.

"Fuck my life"

As I got out of bed I put on my slippers, yes I wear slippers around my house but truth be told they're quite comfy and cute so please don't judge. I walked into my bathroom to handle my business, which was the usual brushing my teeth, washing my face, taking a shower, doing my makeup and hair. Next came my closet which was full of beautiful clothes, I decided to go with a simple clean cut outfit consisting of black jeans, black long sleeve top that's loose at the ends of the sleeves, tan trench coat, black heels, and to top it off a black purse

"This is acceptable, hell anything I wear is"

(I know some people are better visually seeing something than reading it so here you go lovelies <3)

Since I was finished with my morning routine, I decided to head out to the garage to get into one of my cars, it was a beautiful metallic blue Mercedes-Benz that I absolutely adored, by far my second favorite.

"I know I have money, but damn I will never get over the feeling of seeing it, you've really come a long way y/n"

Already speeding off into the busy streets of Yorknew city, I arrived at l/n tech industries in less than 15 minutes which was rare in a good sense, I drove into the company garage parking my car in the process then continued to my destination by ...

Already speeding off into the busy streets of Yorknew city, I arrived at l/n tech industries in less than 15 minutes which was rare in a good sense, I drove into the company garage parking my car in the process then continued to my destination by foot. Soon arriving at the front entrance greeting many of my employees while a smile graced my face, I might be a CEO but I didn't have to be a bitchy one my employees are people too.

Walking into an elevator I pressed the specified button just for me, I liked having my own space with nobody around nothing personal just comfortable that way. I had my own floor built along with my office but the only acceptation I made was allowing my assistant to have an office here and on other floors where the employees worked. Reaching my floor I walked down the long corridor, turned to make a right and soon reached my office doors, my assistants just opposite of mines.

Walking in I immediately went to go sit down, my feet were killing me and yeah I wear heels to work daily but that didn't mean I've grown use to them, I'm surprised I don't have bunions with jagged toes but also very grateful. After completely relaxing I looked around my office, it was pretty basic but not boring just simple with couch's, chairs, big glass windows, my desk, and a bathroom all themed burgundy & white.

 After completely relaxing I looked around my office, it was pretty basic but not boring just simple with couch's, chairs, big glass windows, my desk, and a bathroom all themed burgundy & white

After minuets of blankly staring at nothing and deeply thinking, a knock on my doors soon brought me back to reality "come in", my assistant walked in holding an envelope in her hands.

"Morning Iris"

"Morning to you too, Ms. l/n"

"Oh please call me y/n, I might be the boss around here but no need for formalities" something about formalities made me feel slightly old, I'm only 23.

"Oh well Ms.- I mean y/n, you have an invitation"

"Really, from whom?" This is my first time getting an invitation to be honest, so I'm a bit surprised.

She handed me the invitation, "from Mr. Baxter, of Refined Beauty Inc."

"Thank you Iris, is that all?"

"Yes Ms. l/n, sorry I meant to say y/n" her face scrunched up at her mistake.

"No need to apologize I completely understand, after all I did just ask you to change that, you're not used to it yet"

She nodded her head, clearly unsure of what to say.

"If that's all you're free to go" I hope that doesn't sound rude, I don't think it did, did it?

She left my office after that, I then reached over my desk to open the envelope that encapsulated the invitation, it read.

Dear, Ms. l/n
I, Mr. Baxter wanted to personally invite you to my gala on the 1st of June at 3781 Hulbury Dr, Mont Springs, SA 19003. There is no specific time please come as you wish, I sincerely hope I see you there.
                                               Sincerely, Mr. Baxter

Hm, this is interesting...I think I should go, it is my first invitation and to exaggerate even more it's for a GALA!, but instead of thinking about all the necessities pertaining to this "gala", I'll get back to my work and worry about it later.

And here I was sitting down in my chair slightly hunched over while focusing on my computer, drowning myself in another day at work, this was my daily routine nothing out of the ordinary happening, and it didn't bother me but something about the invitation did, like something was going to happen, and what was gnawing at me even more was what?

*sigh*

I should really just leave it alone and focus on my work, it wasn't that big of a deal I mean after all what's the worst that can happen, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi lovelies Author-Chan here, I just wanted to say this is my first time writing a fanfic storyline and I'm a bit nervous but excited too, so please give me some constructive criticism especially with spelling errors or any other mistakes. As long as you're not a bitch about it but if you are then I really won't care and what you have to say won't mean shit, I don't tolerate such disrespect. I'll also be adding songs from my playlist for fun just in case y'all want to listen to some music while you read. Anyways have an amazing day and enjoy the first chapter, love y'all.🥰✨