Chapter 2

Months passed, and we still talk every time I deliver the letter to her, and I can truthfully tell that my heart is always filled by her warmth. The way she spoke as if I can keep her silent secrets. Her musical laugh as she bashfully covers her mouth because she can't help it. Those honey-colored eyes, so vivid and dazzling that I inevitably drown in it. Luscious rose lips like a maiden in each poetry that depicted in a tragic love story: sweet and poisonous. I can't deny my hidden affinity towards her, and each day it grows like daisies on my parched desert. How heartbreaking it is to hold myself back every time I want to utter my adoration towards her.

Maybe, today, I can.

I went to my usual routine, and in no time, I'm in front of her picket fence once again, delivering the letter addressed to her.

"Hello, Ms. Postman I've been waiting," There it is, that blissful smile I've been looking for,

"Sorry about that. There are too many mails today, and all of the receiver cheery too!" As I approached her with a smile

"Then, perhaps, today is your lucky day!" As she pinches my cheeks,

"Maybe, it is," I stared at her intently, not breaking any contract and I lean towards her, wanting her, coveting her warmth, but was put to halt, when she cleared her throat. It absolutely embarrassing when both of us turned into tomatoes.

"Why don't we sit first?"

"That's a great idea!" my voice cracked in the process, then she laughed heartily — as if it was the funniest sound she heard her entire life.

Then everything went silent, but before it gets awkward, I asked her about something that's been nagging me from the first time I met her.

"I reckon you are married, but why are you always alone here?" As I straightforwardly asked her. Even though I know that the answer will hurt me.

"Yes, I am married for eight years. But years ago, my spouse got into an accident and left me," as she indiscreetly told me her history.

"I am sorry for your loss," ashamed of my own inconsideration.

"You are not. From the start, I already knew what you wanted to ask." Looking at me as her tears began to fall,

I wanted to hug her and tell her that everything will be fine and — so I did.

Time runs out fast when we are together, but before I bid my farewell to her. I confessed that my delivery route will be changed, and I'll have to wait again for this route to be assigned to me, indefinitely. This deeply saddened her, but she never voiced it out.

I wished she demanded more of my attention, but I know it's never her nature.

She is always selfless and patient.