Chapter 4

My baby, Aurelius. He has gold eyes though. 

Gaius was extracting the snake venom when Aurelius walked in. He fixed his hair and sat next to Merlin. "We'll he be okay?" He asked.

Gaius smiled. "I'll get started on the antidote."

"I'm going to tell Arthur." Merlin told them.

"You'll need this." Gaius handed him the severed snake head. "And, Merlin, what you did was very brave."

Merlin turned to Aurelius. "May I asked about-"

"No." He interrupted.

"Okay." They left together, to allow the old man to work.

~Time Skip~

"You?" Arthur asked. They nodded. "You chopped it's head off?"

"Ewan was bitten by a snake from the shield when he was fighting Valiant. You can talk to Gaius. You can see the puncture wounds on Ewan's neck where the snake bit him. Ewan was beating him. He had to cheat." Merlin explained.

"Valiant wouldn't dare use magic in Camelot."

"Ewan was pinned under Valiant's shield. No one could see the snake bite him."

"I don't like the guy, but that doesn't mean he's cheating."

"Gaius is preparing the antidote to the snake venom. When Ewan's conscious, he'll tell you what happened. Or you can asked Aurelius, he was making out with Valiant in the hallway when I cut the snake's head off." Aurelius gave him a betrayed look as Arthur looked at him.

"If you fight Valiant in the final he'll use the shield. It's the only way he can beat you. Look at it." Merlin picked up the head. "Have you ever seen any snakes like this in Camelot?" Arthur took the snake and examined it. "I know I'm just a servant and my word doesn't count for anything. I wouldn't lie to you."

"I want you to swear to me what your telling me is true."

"I swear it's true."

Arthur nodded. "Then I believe you... You kissed him?"

"What. He wasn't a bad kisser." Aurelius said.

~Time skip~

Ewan slowly woke up. "Welcome back." Gaius greeted.

"There was a snake on his shield." Ewan told him. Gaius nodded. He tried to sit up. "It came alive."

Gaius stopped him. "You're weak. The snake's venom is still in your system."

Ewan tried again. "I must warn Arthur."

"Arthur already knows. He's requested an audience with the King. Now they'll want to talk to you. Rest. You'll need your strength." Gaius stood up. "I need to get more herbs. I'll be right back." Gaius left.

One of the snakes slithered down from the widow and crept towards Ewan. Ewan slowly woke up to the feeling of the snake slithering around in his bed. The snake showed itself and struck Ewan in the neck, killing him.

Meanwhile

"Why have you summoned the court?" Uther demanded.

"I believe Knight Valiant is using a magic shield to cheat in the tournament." Arthur stepped up.

"Valiant, what do you have to say to this?"

"My Lord, this is ridiculous, I have never used magic. Does your son have any evidence to support this outrageous accusation?" Valiant asked.