2.

au idea: soft 'n' domestic coffee shop

---

i never went to the coffee shop often, even though it is just across the street. 

sure, i'll go when i'm with someone else; but while alone, it's not a very ideal situation for the likes of me. some says it's because i do not speak much, but i digress. the uncomfortable silence after an order, a stranger sitting on the chair opposite to my own, expecting me to initiate the conversation. why can't they just see that i prefer to be alone, blending in like a simple and uninteresting background character?

. . .anyways, i guess today's an exception, seeing as i've been standing in front of the store, staring straight through the tinted glass. people flowed past me, some staring while others didn't even pass a glance. i sighed, faking my indecisiveness before opening the door and stepping in, followed by the quiet ring of a particular bell that rests just above the doorframe. almost instantaneously, i could feel the scent of still warm, roasted arabica beans practically penetrating my nostrils, though there is certainly something else that made the smell so strong. or maybe, it was because i haven't came here since new year, i cannot tell.

the coffee shop, 'cafe' as the kool kids call it, has a nice cozy atmosphere. the walls painted a very bland russet, the shelves stocked with containers of various mixes and toppings. all of the wooden chairs replaced by the much softer, more pleasant furnitures. they lure me in, making me very tempted to just melt into the in-between of the corduroy covering. . .

ah, i forgot time existed. whoops, i guess.

indulged by the interior, i had stood like an idiot next to the entrance, clutching the tote bag's handle, dangling it slightly back and forth out of habit. right as i snapped out of my trance, an employee - i'd be blind if i didn't recognize him as one, it was obvious with the uniform and cap, although there wasn't a nametag - walks towards me. my confidence was very quickly diminished, if i even had any to begin with, and i stumbled over my words, trying to force anything out of my mouth. i could feel my heart rate quickenings while my hands came to fiddle with the lime green scarf wrapping around my neck and lower face.

the employee looks at me and puts his hand to his chin, an obvious cliché to indicate he was thinking very intensely. it was comedic, in a way. then, as if he had found what he must, he beamed a smile.

"oh! it's you! please take a seat, i'll come back with your order soon!"

what. wait-

---

... --- -- . / -.. --- -- . ... - .. -.-. /  ..-. .-.. ..- ..-. ..-. / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-.. .-..

-- .. - --. .... - / -.-. --- -. - .. -. ..- . --..-- / .-- .... --- / -.- -. --- .-- ... ..--..