Chapter 16: Officially Everlasting (Naeun POV)

~ ~ ~

I sat at the dining table of SHINee's dorm with a mind just lost in confusion. A moment ago, I was just angry at Taemin and wanted to put him in his place. Now, I'm here doing my web designs based on Taemin's work...and finding myself reflecting over the recent events that happened.

Having not talked to Taemin for the last week, things were now a lot more awkward than ever. We couldn't look each other in the eye and when we did try to communicate, we ended up quarrelling...just like today.

Reading his story did not help either, especially since it was about us. As I read, I could only feel heartbroken. I mean, he was searching so hard for his first love and when he finally finds her, they suddenly are in danger of becoming distant again because of one simple misunderstanding. Added on to that, I'm his first love, so it seems. Taemin always told me that.

But the memories I lost from so long ago have not fully returned. Even thought he always told me about the times we used to share, I just...cannot seem to place them. Maybe my amnesia is really that bad since the...accident. Yes, I know omma kept saying that it was a car accident, but even now, in my troubled state of mind, I just don't know.

There has to be some way...

As I continued the designs, there was the scene where I had to draw the male lead...which was pretty much Taemin. It seemed like he did include the time I found him with Minah unnie...and although it was a scene I hated to the core, I decided to do a design for it, rather reluctantly.

Today, I also remembered seeing Taemin wearing a rosary bracelet and I couldn't help but feel intrigued by it. That night too, he was also wearing it and I know because I slapped him and he put his hand on his cheek to ease the pain. Honestly, I always wished I had something like that too. What's more it is such a rare accessory...and to a yeoja like me, it is valueable.

So, I proceeded to draw the rosary bracelet on his right wrist.; a dark-brown coloured, beaded bracelet. Of course, everything on the web design software on Taemin's laptop. At least I could thank him for thinking about me in this project (he spent money on the software for me).

Today, Taemin was also cooking lunch. Usually I looked forward to his cooking too, but after the recent events, I wasn't sure.

At that moment, I heard a scream from the kitchen. Hogsi...

"Ah! Apa! Apa!" he wailed. I smirked at that reaction.

"Waeyo op- Taemin ah?!" I asked out of concern. It was really hard to call him oppa for now so I just stuck to calling him by his name. Either way you put it, I was being informal. Oops...

"Aish...I burned myself while taking something out of the stove!" he complained.

"Otteokae?" I was now slightly worried.

"Quick get me some water Naeun ah!" he advised. "But go to the bathroom and fill a pail there. The kitchen is too messy and smelly..."

That...made sense...

So I headed towards the bathroom and tried to find a pail to fill with water. The strange thing was...that there was no pail in sight...

But my eyes did see a peculiar box by the sink. It was one of those where you'd put a piece of jewellery inside...like a ring. And next to it, was a slip of paper that said: 'T & N'.

"Uh...oppa..." I finally said, "there's no pail..."

He did not respond. Instead, I heard the kitchen door open, and when I turned around...Taemin was walking out of the kitchen as fine as ever.

"Seolma..." I uttered. I felt embarrassed. I fell for his tricks again...

"Mianhae..." he smiled. "Sasil..."

"Oppa...what's this?" I questioned him immediately. Gee, I always cut him off, especially by kissing him. Omo the thought of those times make my cheeks flush red again.

"Ne..." he nodded. "This was what I wanted to show you the other time before the hyungs interrupted."

Ah...so it was like that...

"Oh right Naeun ah..." he told me. "You know I said that I liked your rosary bracelet, right?"

I nodded...but what was so significant about it?

"Why don't you open the box first and see," he suggested.

And I did, I opened the box and saw...another rosary bracelet! It was identical to mine as well, except that mine was black and this one was brown.

"This is...yours?" I found it hard to believe.

"Ne. You wore yours when you were younger too..." Taemin told me. "I gave it to you as a present...but I guess you didn't know about it."

I swear, I saw him with a whistful look on his face. So maybe that was a memorable moment?

"Why would I not have known about it?" I asked.

"It was a surprise," Taemin smiled.

Ah...

Even though it was cIearly Taemin's bracelet, I was itching to wear it. I mean...after all that I've been through, we were supposed to wear it together...if not for our separation.

I took the bracelet out of the box and examined it. Then as I ran my fingers across my own, strangely, there was a feeling of familiarity and warmth. Somewhat...nostalgic?

"Can I put it on?" I looked at Taemin warily.

"Sure..." he answered. "Let's see how it would look on you!"

The moment I put on the bracelet though, everything was about to change.

"Oppa...it's so...nice..." I mumbled to him.

"It's so nice..."

And suddenly I fell to the floor feeling somewhat confused. I remembered seeing Taemin's frantic face before my eyes closed softly.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Short update, but please understand. No, Naeun is not dead guys! Don't be scared. But what is so significant about the rosary bracelet? Perhaps...it is the key needed to unlock Naeun's memories? Are TaEun going to come back together?

A very Christmas-like mood is all over social media now. I'm also celebrating Christmas with my family. So to all my readers and followers, a happy Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day! Hope you all enjoy this festive season with all of your friends and family. And stay tuned for updates.

This chapter is dedicated to Laineylovesyoonsic, who is also a loyal TaEun fan. Please check out her profile too!

I also started reading an actual, hard-copy published version of 'The Cellar'. It is a non-kpop story written by Wattpad (yes, actually) user 'natashapreston'. Do check her profile and stories as well. They are the best for mystery/thriller, so I'm giving her a shoutout here.

Update 15/7/2015: I read the story again and I altered some parts of the chapter such that the plot makes sense now. See if you can find them!

Again, remember to vote this story for #Wattys2015!

Vote + Comment ~ !