Memories

Timeskip to the next day

Y/n's POV

"I need help!" Luffy returned back screaming " That's weird. Why did he come back?" Usopp asked. Why does Luffy need help? Maybe it's just that he want Sanji to prepare food for him " There's a bunch of injured birds that can't move! We need a doctor! Chopper!" Chopper then got up and went with luffy. Vivi started thinking for a sec," What birds?" Her eyes widened again "Wait a minute Luffy! Those birds might not be what you think they are!" Luffy then turned around. "Huh?"

We reached to where luffy said that he found the birds, only to find that our stuff are already gone. "I'm sorry, I should've mentioned this earlier. Those are desert bandits that steal the travelers' belongings." Usopp raised an eyebrow " You mean these birds play dead? What a lousy bunch of crocks!" 

" Those birds tricked me!" Luffy blurted out. Sanji grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and started shouting at him " Luffy is that all you have to say to yourself?! There were 3 days of supplies in those packs and you just had to let a bunch of stupid birds rob us blind in the middle of a desert. How are we supposed to get across this land without food or water?? I hope that you're proud of yourself" All of us just stared at them. " C'mon, it's not my fault. I mean, those birds outsmarted me!" " you mean you're dumber than a bird?" " What's that!" And then, those two started bickering. Zoro decided to step in till Ace asked him not to.

Suddenly, those two stopped. The bird that stole our food were standing right in front of us, drinking from the barrel that had our water. Luffy began chasing them.

I sat down on a rock, and Ace sat beside me.  "Was luffy always like that?" Usopp asked. "Yeah, he is still the same." Ace said. " But you guys are more responsible than him." I looked at him. Daniel started laughing " I don't know about Ace, but y/n can be troublesome too. Maybe she causes less trouble than Luffy, but she dragged us in a lot of trouble, like the one when you had to fight smoker" I pouted while Ace chuckled " So you're still reckless huh?" I looked at him. "I'm not, but I can be" He then laughed. " By the way, you guys never told us how you met or anything about your past, because you mentioned earlier that you two are not siblings." Nami said.

"So luffy didn't tell you Huh? Anyways, I was brought to live with Ace and luffy. Luffy introduced himself, but that idiot over there was really blunt, he asked gramps why did he bring me to live with them." They were shocked. Ace laughed, but there was something weird about Daniel. He looked like he wasn't comfortable. "Did Ace really act like that?" Zoro asked "Yeah. Now he's polite, but he was the total opposite of nice. He was even more blunt than luffy! Anyways, those two used to leave everyday and came back late at night. One day, I decided to follow them, only to find them trying to kill a huge tiger. Then somehow, we became close friends."

Ace and I smiled, recalling our memories from when we were kids. "We still fought, even after we became best friends and till now we fight too. But now we're on good terms" Ace said. " Nice childhood. But Ace, is it true that you were mean?" Usopp asked " VERY mean, and troublesome" I answered.

Flashback

"Where are we going?" I asked the old man beside me. " Were going to your new home, so you train and become a successful marine in the future" he answered me. I frowned. I never wanted to become a marine. I wanted to explore the world, to go anywhere I wanted and to find treasures and other expensive stuff.

" But.. but I want to become a pirate!" I then got punched by the old man. " Ow!" " you'll either become a marine or marry a rich guy when you get older, got that?" I looked at him. " but i can marry a rich pirate" I then got punched on the head again. " I want you to marry a noble, and not a pirate!" Jeez, this guy is really a pain.