Brett and Eddy: One Shot Imagines_Inspiration

When Brett and Eddy released a video where they read a fanfiction of them, I lost my mind. I legitimately thought there weren't enough shippers to warrant a fanfiction - let alone a fanfiction that caught the boys' attention.

So then, curious and giddy, I decided to use this second/fujoshi account of mine to search for Breddy fanfics. [fun fact: this account was supposed to be purely used as a means to read fanfictions of my many many ships]  And then, much to my surprise, I found a hell of a lot of Breddy fanfics on here. So many, in fact, that I was so scared to start reading because I was worried I might never, ever be able to stop.

Just like I do with most of my fanfic reading adventures, I started by reading one-shot collections. And when I found myself absolutely enamored by the stories I've found, I kept reading one full story after another - agonizing over incomplete ones, aching over complete ones with unsatisfactory endings.

And then, when I was absolutely out of stories to read, I suddenly had this urge to write stories myself. I found I love the Breddy ship so much, I might be able to actually write about them.

The problem was, I don't write fanfictions. 

So for a while, I dismissed the idea. Instead, I eagerly weeded out new stories and impatiently waited for updates on stories I was following then.

As I was doing this, I kept getting hit by random thoughts - no, ideas - for stories. Some of them were inspired by the stories I've read, many of them were inspired by simply watching their videos and following their Instagram accounts.

And then, eventually, this one idea was stuck in my head. It just kept growing and growing until all that was left to do was to put it into writing.

I could have easily just written it out on MS Word and kept it to myself - just to get rid of it, so that it won't stop festering in the corners of my writer brain. But for some unknown reason, I decided to break my silence on this account and dared to publish my first one-shot story.

When I finally did, I decided to name the book, "Brett and Eddy: One Shot Imagines", to make it absolutely clear that this was going to be a one-shot collection, and that it was solely going to be dedicated to the Breddy ship. I purposefully put "Brett and Eddy" in the title to make it accessible to fellow shippers, but I sincerely was not expecting anyone to click on it.

By the time I published the first one-shot, I already had five more ideas blooming in the garden of my writer brain. And since I already broke my silence on this account anyway, I decided to attend to these ideas and let them take root.

What I wanted to do with this book was to simply write out whatever my writer brain wanted to write. Some of them were stories I've wanted to read but wasn't able to find, and some of them were inspired by a mixture of video moments and other "canon" Breddy moments I see.

The goal of this book was to avoid writing sad Breddy fics. I wanted to keep it as fluffy as I could manage, with a splash of angst here and there, and a little smut-ish teasing for good measure.

In case you didn't pick up on it while reading the stories, in all of the stories on this book, Brett and Eddy are already a couple, and we're taking a look at snippets of their life together as lovers. At the time, it was because I was waist-deep in thought that if I was going to write romantic fanfics, I might as well skip the whole "I love him, but I don't want to ruin our friendship" cliche. But also, I didn't think I could incorporate said cliche into one-shots.

Anyway, by the time I published my third story on the book, I was already starting to lose the spark to keep writing Breddy fanfics. By then, I was convinced that fanfics just weren't my forte. But I still had some ideas left to write, so I thought to myself, "I might as well just write these ones out. And then I'm done."

But then, something insane happened. My stories got acknowledged. Someone read them, and liked them enough to upvote them. I couldn't believe it. [fun fact: The first person to show appreciation for my work was posn02, and I owe so much to her~]

And then suddenly, there was an overwhelming amount of feedback coming from multiple people.

Suddenly, I realized I couldn't just stop now. Not when I have these people who are actually enjoying my work. So what was going to be just a blimp in my writing journey, suddenly became a new and exciting path for me to pursue for a while.

- - - - -

I will break down the top five stories with the most comments~ :3

For specific questions about specific details of any of the stories, I will answer those in a Q&A chapter :)