Breathe

In this world, we all are facing stressful and anxious times and it's hard to find a way to cope. Everyone has different ways of coping; listening to music, drawing, dancing, taking a walk, etc. To me, the best way to wipe away the stress of life is to walk out onto a quiet beach. (By the way, this is my first attempt at beach artwork)

You walk through a small bushy area, the weight of the world on your small shoulders. A sandy hill stands in your way, yet you do not stop as something calls you forward. One more step, then another, then another. This is the hardest walk you've done, but you don't even think of looking back. One step, then another, then another. There it is. A great expanse of blue, thunderous waves crash onto the sand. You walk past the broken seashells. A group of seagulls watches your walk, your only audience. You take off your shoes and socks and step closer to the water. The first wave hits your bare feet, cold at first, but as another wave washes over your feet, you find a small comfort. You walk further in, water by your ankles now and another wave washes by, taking something with it. You walk ever deeper into the ocean, waves hitting your knees now. Now you stop, gazing out into the powerful water, your shoulders feel lighter as you take in a breath. Time becomes irrelevant as you stand there, waves trying to knock you over. Then you turn around, walking out of the ocean, it's waves chasing after you. You pick up your shoes and walk across the sand. The sharp edges of the broken shells scrape your feet as you walk by but you give them no notice. You walk up the sandy hill and look back for a few more moments. A final capture of the ocean before you disappear behind the sandy hill.

This artwork was created for @SpringAndTheWing Art contest.

Created May 30th 2020.