↭ Chapter 4: A New Lead ↭

Shinso's quirk improved due to training under the supervision of his dad's. If he asks someone a question while they are under his quirk, they have to respond truthfully. This is for the convenience of the storyline.

Izuku's P.O.V:

"Katsuki Bakugo?" would he recognize the name? "Hey, how's the hero life?"

A few moments of silence. "That's good to hear, and I'm great, thanks for asking. W-what about you?" I glanced in the mirror of another car. The man had paused.

"Come over?" I said a little louder so the man behind me could hear. "It's 3 o'clock in the morning!"

No reply. "Good point, I'm coming over, be there in ten minutes," I said to a blank phone. I carefully lowered the phone down, shaking as I pocketed it. As I continued to walk, I looked in the mirrors of cars, and saw that the black haired man was retreating, and I let out a cry of silent relief.

↭ Time Skip ↭

"Why were you back so late Izu?" mumbled a tired Eri. I was carrying a sleeping Kota in my arm, and holding hands with Eri with my free hand.

"Usually I'm back that late, you just didn't realize it because you were always asleep," I said. "And you remember Kacchan, don't you?" Well I saw him today as well." I told Eri.

We were almost back at the apartment. I kept glancing in car mirrors as we walked to make sure no one was following us.

"I remember him a little. He was always mad..." she murmured. We walked into the apartment building, and took the elevator upstairs. I let go of Eri's hand as we walked through the hallway, reaching into my pocket for my key. I inserted the key into the brass doorknob, waiting for the click to signal it was unlocked. Pushing the door open, Eri trudged inside, and I closed the door, locking it.

Eri had made her way to her room, and I gently placed Kota into his bed. He was asleep with his clothes on, and I decided to not wake him. I tucked him in, giving him a kiss on the head before heading to Eri's room.

Her whitish blue hair was sprawled across her pillow, the comforter up to her chin. She opened her sleepy eyes, giving a small smile. "Night night Zuku," she yawned. I gave her a small smile. "Good night Eri, sleep tight," I whispered, giving her a kiss before walking out of her room and into the kitchen.

I began to wash some dishes from the previous day, the warm water comforting. My thoughts drifted away from the soap suds and to the black haired man. I knew who it was. I just didn't want to believe that it was him.

I finished the dishes, drying my hands and pulling my phone out from my pocket. The black screen lit up, a picture of Eri, Kota and I eating ice cream and laughing as the screensaver. Fingerprint ID allowed me to open the phone, clicking on the news app. I scrolled through the articles and reports, something I usually looked at for hero and villain action. This time though, I wasn't looking for that. I scrolled some more, past multiple news reports;

'Number 1 Hero Stops a Robbery'

'UA's Newest Crop of Heroes'

'Prison Break in Tokyo'

'Eraserhead and Present Mic, are They Married?'

I scrolled back up to the third article, clicking on it. There was a video and a lengthy description of the events of the break out.

On the 15th of October, Tokyo Prison had a break out. An explosion on the west side of the facility allowed the prisoners to flee. Many inmates escaped, this includes the following: