Chapter 4

Friday was flying by and for once luck was on my side. Moody had a little fuck up of his own today, turns out the ogre played hooky. Ha! And just to make the moment sweeter, I used that period to sleep on my desk, free of charge. A small part of me almost wished I had his number so I could text him a quick thanks with a picture of me passed out on his desk.

The final bell rang and I allowed a smile to grace my lips while I pulled my backpack on and followed the masses out the door. Word on the street is - senior party tonight - and guess who was invited? Audrey and I. Turns out being related to Colton is not completely worthless.

I walked to the fountain, putting my pack on the ground in front of me. Audrey had been waiting for me and it was obvious she was warry, if biting her nails is any indication.

"Audrey, I am not, not going." I said sternly, while staring at a bird that was oddly close to me. She visibly lifted her posture and sighed.

"Relax, I know - All I'm saying is, it's gonna be tough to pull off." My spirit lifted at her reply, feeling confident about the plan I had already created in my mind.

"Okay so I was thinking about it and - hear me out on this, I really think it will work this time..." I started as she rolled her eyes, the words giving her dejavu.

Right before I could tell her my plan, my hands ready to do some gesturing, I heard my name. Colton had his arms crossed standing by the parking lot, staring at me. I didn't respond, pretending it was a fly. But of course, he only shouted louder. It was after his third try that he stormed towards me, and I could actually feel his breath above me, like a dragon. My god he was an idiot. I sighed loudly, patting Audreys hand.

"Well I will call you when I get home, okay? Promise you will - Answer?" I asked, while my eyes informed her, there was no backing out. She laughed, patting my hand right back.

"Yes okay Ryann, chill out and leave before he drowns you or something." She said staring at Colton and giving him a weird look. I stood up and walked towards the parking lot, Colton on his phone and walking behind me.

"Can you just for once, come right to the car? I will leave you here." He said, not even glancing up. I didn't react.

"I have soccer practice literally every single day besides today." I stated, my face blank. He scoffed at me and swung into the car. I buckled in and he floored it. My hands touched the ceiling and I bit my lip, just waiting for us to hit a high schooler. I wished I could pretend it didn't bother me, but who was he trying to impress? Plus we were getting way too much attention.

"Why are you in such a hurry? - Jesus christ! Colton, slow down!" I screeched when he swerved and sharply turned right out of the parking lot. He rolled his eyes at me.

"None of your business." He replied, continuing to gas it home. I fake gagged when he smirked at me.

"Ew-uh! Don't try to be weird and secretive. I know you want to tell me." I said glaring at the side of his face, waiting for his answer... I will admit, he made me curious. And - he was silent -Great. Same old shit, different day.

"Colton, Colton, Colton... Please." I fake begged, crossing my hands and pleading. He rolled his eyes for the enteenth time today and sighed (as if he didn't want me to beg him for the information, so predictable).

"Fine, you should beg more, you look like a little baby. I am going to a senior party tonight but before that some junior girl and I are going to mess around. Poor girl begged me to come over." He replied casually, as if he was not being gross. I chuckled softly.

"Hmm, did she though? Cause it seems like you just cannot wait to get over there. You sure aren't making her sweat it." I laughed when he turned red. I always won against this kid. The others? Not so much. He turned to me and glared, and because he was too dumb to think of a witty comeback, he just punched me in the arm. Right in the muscle too, hurt like a bitch. I grabbed it in pain.