His Demons [27]

||

"Is that Fumetsu? I thought she was coming out to eat with us..." Kirishima murmured as he caught the silhouette of the horned girl and a certain dual haired male.

Bakugou awkward shifted in his spot, casting an annoyed glare over his shoulder. "She said she had something to do..."

or someone to do... The ash blonde thought pessimistically. Of course, he didn't want to assume the worst but it was Fumetsu after all. The girl was pretty predictable and 9/10 she ended up doing the opposite of what you wished for.

"With Todoroki." Kirishima mumbled grimly.

Bakugou's eyes twitched as a crestfallen expression slowly made its way onto his friends face.

"Do you know how much it hurt seeing you with her, to know deep down that you were hurting her...and I did nothing to stop it...that I wasn't man enough...sometimes I like to think I'm better than you and Todoroki because I haven't hurt her but then I realize I'm the worse one out of three because knowing that someone is hurting and doing nothing about it is even worse. I'm no different than you or Todoroki because we all want the same thing. We want her. I don't just want her, I want her to want me back but I've long accepted that what I want doesn't matter."

Damn it, Kirishima you just had to fall for her...and here I thought he was the smartest one in the group....

"I'm sure it's not what it looks like." Bakugou reassured but it was in vain.

A memory of the last time Kirishima had witnessed her and Todoroki together resurfaced making his eyes falter. They're probably headed to that skyscraper...
It took Kirishima a few moments of silence before a sheepish smile graced his face and he turned to the side, nodding in the direction he had came from. "Well, it can't be helped, maybe next time she'll join us. We'll just have to bring her some left over-"

"You know you don't have to pretend you're not pissed off." As someone who was known for being angry all the time, it was clear to Bakugou when someone was pissed. And right now, Kirishima was a ticking time bomb whether he noticed it or not. Bakugou used to think that losing someone you love who loved you was hard but watching someone you love, love another was harder. Bakugou couldn't fathom nor understand how or much less why his friend had feelings for Fumetsu but then again he couldn't blame him because 2 others had been ensnared by the She-Devils charms and Bakugou himself was one of them. Truthfully, if the ash blonde was in his friends position, he would've raised hell and told her right then and there how he felt, but then again Kirishima wasn't Bakugou. And he wasn't Todoroki.

Kirishima paused for a second with wide eyes before he shook his head with sad smile, his eyes casting down. "What's to be mad about?"

"You wanna know what I want? I just want want her to come home. That's what I want."

"I'm happy enough that she's home."

Bakugou clicked his teeth and stepped forward, bringing the male into a head lock whilst walking. "Now, I'm pissed off. Watching you two is just sad now. Im gonna knock some sense into Shit-su later."

"Don't touch her." Kirishima tensed, misunderstanding his friends words but Bakugou deadpanned. "Not like that idiot, geez you really have no faith in me. I meant I'll talk to her."

"No." Kirishima declared more firmly, pushing himself out of Bakugou's grip. "No offense, but It will make me feel less of a man if I had you of all people talk to a girl for me." He releases a sigh, "I told myself that I'd sacrifice my feelings for her well being. But, feelings don't just go away like that. It's hard for me to let go of someone I never had but I'll be fine. Of course, it hurts and I'll admit I do get pissed off but it's not about me or what I want. It never was. I'm not competing with another man for her like she's an object."