Prompts

Prompt #1: A Tale of Two Ages

You have lived for hundreds of human lifetimes. You have seen empires rise and fall, you have lived times of complete freedom to express yourself, as well as extremely conservative timelines in which even immortals were at risk, if they decided to "deviate from the norm". You have love and lost... As you walk the streets of a contemporary city of your choosing, all around you, people get ready to celebrate Pride Month. You will be there, for sure, but in the meantime, you think back to your life as an LGBTQ vampire. We want to hear your story. Which time was the most oppressive, which was the most liberating?

Prompt #2: Rockstar

There is no deeper horror than looking in a mirror and seeing an incomplete reflection...

As a vampire you have been everything, but in this life you have chosen to be a rock star with all the bad reputation that it carries.

You're a legend among the damned: Fangs exposed, constantly on top the charts, enough stories about vices and addiction (even a couple of "deaths and resurrections on stage" to add to what people believe is the story of your dramatic persona).

Behind closed doors, you gorge in blood, indulging in all that your position affords you.

But there is something you have not managed to overcome, an aspect that you do not recognize in yourself. And for some reason, your latest "blood bag" of a fan has forced you to see who you really are ... What will you do? Will you ruthlessly kill them or face a mere mortal who has shown you what you have denied yourself for centuries?

Prompt #3: Parting Words

Include the following dialogue in your story.

"I always knew I'd take a stake through my chest for you," I said as he/she/character's name held my hand and sobbed beside me.

"And I always knew you wouldn't take one for me," I whispered and closed my eyes.

Prompt #4: To Save The One You Love

After years of loneliness in your hidden crypt, you dare to join the vampire society again for the 100th birthday of your best friend (for whom you actually feel too much). However, when you enter the horror graveyard, dead bodies line the grass of the dark night. Impaled vampires are lying on the floor and your friend is fighting for his life. Suddenly a horrific creature from the dark shadows also attacks you. Will you be able to save your secret love?

Prompt #5: Survival

In a world where humans are on the brink of extinction and vampires walk the Earth divided in violent factions, it is a struggle for survival. You are in a race against time, a brilliant human scientist trying to find a blood substitute. However, what you have discovered, goes beyond science, into the metaphysical. Vampires can survive along humans, creating a psychic bond that can save both species.

It's your time to make a passionate plea before a prejudicial Vampire Council that is not willing to accept the partnership could be something other than heterosexual.

^^This doesn't need to be a particularly romantic prompt, but it could be a nice take on the idea of acceptance in society.