My Birthday Party

"Rachel sit still or I am gonna hurt you" says my best friend and cousin Annalise in annoyance braiding my hair "sorry I am just excited. God I am turning 18 I am gonna be an adult" I say giggling "first you will never be an adult you will always be the spoiled little princess and second you are just excited to see your mate." "I bet he is handsome and sexy" I say with a dreamy look on my face I have been dreaming about my mate since I was 5 "I bet he is ugly that even his reflection turns it's face" I growl at the her playfully she just laughs it off "but you know he is gonna be bossy and extremely possessive right I mean have you seen your dad. I never want to meet my mate. I will live as the independent woman that I am " the she wolves that meet their mate were supposed to move to their mates house and live indoor because males tend to be very jealous they could kill, that and females are considered weakling of the pack Me and Anna don't support that idea at the least not that we support any of the restriction rules. We are basically the rebels and have even debated my dad and the elders with no satisfying result whatsoever but leaving my dad really really mad(and believe me that's a sight you don't want to see) and all werewolves at the court including the elders on their knees well every one except me at his authorative voice.me? I didn't even flinch.Because of that people think that I am gonna bear very strong pups. Me and Anna were seen as a disgrace for about two months and grounded for six months. I hope my mate will change the rules " I know but it's for our safety" I try to convince her and my self. she opened her mouth to retaliate but closed it as soon as my mother entered my room looking as beautiful as ever with her purple off the shoulder dress(to reveal dad's mark) that reaches the floor and the crown on her blonde hair giving her the Royal look. Anna bowed her head in submission I never do that not even to my dad when he is at his worst AKA the debate incident and that shocked pretty much everybody " oh sweetie you look so beautiful " my mom says eyes watering. I was wearing a white ( signals purity ) off the shoulder dress to hold the mark of my mate and Anna styled my long midnight black hair in a side flower braid. My mom put my crown and hugs me tight like it's for the last time "you have grown so fast. It was like yesterday you were a baby " at that my dad knocks and opens the door to join in the hug and kisses my forehead"you are going to be a handful. I don't know how your mate is gonna take care of you. Now now enough with the hugs we have to go it is gonna strike midnight come on."

We go to the entrance of the Palace hall where the important gatherings and partys are held." Werewolves ,The people of the moon here is your king Anthony and his mate the queen Sylvia" at that there was applause and howls the gate opened and mom and dad enter head high. "And here is your future Queen , princess Rachel" I enter with confident strides and chin high ,the male wolves were looking at me with lust and some were sniffing the air to see if I was their mate. I was introduced to the high ranked males but none of them were my mate after greeting all the male wolves in the hall the moon was gone and the sun was rising. Wait the Sun is rising this can't be ,am I ... Mateless?. I feel a burning gaze I turn to see my mother's teary eyes then I run to the forest hearing my dad call my name.